Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Edit voice pack

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I just found this neat, FREE, little utility that allows you to do all sorts...

http://www.editvoicepack.com/

I downloaded because it comes with loads of callsigns 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

This is a very good programe. This will be installed again once I have re-loaded FS9 back after a re-format. 👍 Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well I have downloaded and run the setup.exe, but am not too sure what to do from here.

The readme.html isn't helping either!

Any ideas?

By the way, before you can use this, you must have the latest version of the .NET Framework which is about 25mb to download, but if you use VOZ, you will already have it installed.

Pro Member Chief Captain

First of all if you have TRAFFIC 2004 or 2005 installed you will have to re-insatll the sound packs which can be found on DISK 2 under. These are the files to install ➡

MSGAME4.CAB

Sound (USEnglishBig.gvp)

MSGAME5.CAB

Sound (USEnglishSmall.gvp)

Just zip them into the sound folder in FS9.

Once you have re-installed the cound packs, EditVoicePack should now work. Click on start / All Programs / click on EditVoicePack.

If there are any updates to install you should see this

Click on Install update

After the update you will need to update EVP

Here you can change the phraseology, but I keep the settings as they are. just click on Ok

EVP should now be updating

Enjoy

Liono.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thanks for the info Liono,

I don't use TRAFFIC 04/05 for my AI planes so I didn't have to do the first few steps.

I did however do everything in your very helpfull screenshots and it is now all saved and working.

Just one more quick question though, what does it do exactly? Does it just add more callsigns or something?

Pro Member Chief Captain

It add's the real callsigns to the plans. So for example if you where using British Airways it will say SPEEDBIRD as teh call sign.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here's the forum if that of any help.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Radarman 😉

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

It add's the real callsigns to the plans. So for example if you where using British Airways it will say SPEEDBIRD as teh call sign

But my ATC already called BA by SPEEDBIRD before I installed the package?

Does it reconise lot's of other call signs now, like "Emirates" and "Virgin" and stuff because I am guessing those one's were not included as default?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think so CT. It's been a long time since I have used the default ATC so I can't really remember.

Pro Member Chief Captain

The program gives you hundreds of callsigns to choose from 😉

I doubt there's an airline that's not been included 😉