A neat little program

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Found this nice program called CPU-Z. Have a look at the following
screenshots. You can download it here. This is ideal for people whou like to overclocker there PC's.

CPU

Cache

Motherboard Info

Memory

Slot's

Computer Info

You may notice my CPU is running just over 1Ghz. The reason is I'm running Cool 'n' Quite.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

looks really neat but I don't understand a word of what it says there lol...

someone pls come fix my pc, I'll pay the flight lolz

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here you go

CPU

This gives you information about what CPU chip you have. If you had an Intel it would say Prescott, Northridge etc. If you had an AMD like me it would say San Diego, Venice, Sledghammer etc.
It tells what socket you have and what are the clock speeds. Plus how much voltage is going into your CPU.

Cache

This is quite important. The higher the cache (pronounced CASH) the faster the computer runs. It works on the principle that during normal operation a CPU is more likely to need recently used piece of data than some other random data. Using this principle it is possible to increase system performance by having a small amount of very fast RAM, a cache, to hold recently used data, rather than storing it in main system RAM.

Motherboard

This gives you what type of motherboard you are using, the model number. It also tells what version BIOS you are using.

Memory

This tells you how much memory you have and what timings they're running at.

Computer Info

This tells you what OS (Operation System) you are using and what version of DirectX you are using.

I hope this information has been useful.

Regards,

Liono
Slots

The same as above but a bit more information. Like what type of RAM you have. Who the maufacturer is. Serial number.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

thanks for taking your time to write that post Liono, I'm very greatful.

I have to admit that this stuff still seems complicated to me, but your post did explain some important words and therefore clarified a lot. ty

Pro Member Chief Captain

SeanGa,

That was no problem what so ever. If you have any PC questions don't hesitate to contact me by PM or MSN

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...