Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

R/C jet. Tell me what you think!

Twinsfan Guest

Alright I had an idea this weekend. I was putting a model plane together, when the thought struck me: Make a radio control jet. I'm going to get a model F-16. Then I'm going to build a pulse jet ( info at www.pulse-jets.com/valveless) These engines are extremely simple and can be made small enough to put in a model plane. Then I must coat the inside with heat-resistant stuff. I'm going to get some R/C equipment next week, and wire up all the flaps, rudder, etc. Then, I'm going to install fuel tanks under the wings. I still cant think of a fuel to use (I don't want to use gas. It costs waaaaay too much.) Finally, I'll give it a run to see if it works. In a best case scenario (If my friend lets me use his workshop) it could be done in a little over a month. If not ( If I have to use my school's shop) maybe two months. Let me know what you guys think of this.

Twinsfan Guest

Oh yeah, before I forget. Can anyone direct me to some blueprints or a picture of how to wire an R/C plane? Like how to connect the ailorons and throttle and stuff. I'd appreciate it because I am clueless as far as that goes.

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Thats an awesome idea! You have to post screenies and videos to keep us updated!!!

Good Luck my friend!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Do it.I'm into rc planes too.Just do it. Very Happy Wink