Can anyone say "bogus"?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I have been looking at the so-called 79000+ members and came across something interesting. The member numbers in large blocks, have member names in alphabetical order.

Since there is no logical reason to sort each day's "members" alphabetically, I am reasonably certain the software that runs this site doesn't do it. I suspect these names are generated by an external program and then dumped into the member list.

In short, I'm saying I don't believe there are anywhere near 79000 members.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

The member numbers in large blocks appear like that because all the users get processed by a script manually when we check for payment. This is done every so often and adds the paying users to the database in alphabetical order. Our newsletter actually reaches over 81,000 users.

👏

Pro Member Chief Captain

Now that I got your attention, could you please address the problem of those who have paid their memberships but have not gotten membership confirmations.

If they have paid, fix the problem. If they haven't, please publicly say so, in order to put the matter to rest. When someone states publicly that they paid but got no confirmation. a public response goes a long way to "restore peace".

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

CrashGordon wrote:

Now that I got your attention, could you please address the problem of those who have paid their memberships but have not gotten membership confirmations.

If they have paid, fix the problem. If they haven't, please publicly say so, in order to put the matter to rest. When someone states publicly that they paid but got no confirmation. a public response goes a long way to "restore peace".

We have several stickes and topics for users having trouble with their accounts. Problems include the confirmation e-mail going straight into their SPAM folder, the user using a different e-mail address for their account as their payment and also incorrect entering of e-mail addresses.

Thank you for your concern.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thank you for your response.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

thx for bringing this to our attention!!

Pro Member Trainee
scorpio9gm Trainee

This is a big problem. No where do i look do i see a cancel membership link for my account. This is a very irresponsible way to conduct a business or run a subscriptions service. Please design this into you system or give me the link to end my subscription. thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...