Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

NAV1 Radio (737PIC)

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Me again Wink ,

Im having trouble with my NAV1 radio in 737 Pilot in Command. Confused

Firstly, in manual mode I can't set the value after the decimal point. i.e. if it is set at 118.10 I can change the 118 pressing the + or - keys but not the .10. I have managed so far buy just pressing frantically all over the place, there must be a better way Exclamation

Secondly, how do you turn on the NAV1 radio. In the defualt FS 737 there is an illuminator that indicates that it is on, I cant find this in PIC. Is it even necessary to have it on for an ILS approach

And one more question, how do I turn on TCAS. In the manual it indicates that you press the range switch on the EIFIS countrol panel but this doesn't work Sad

Thanks in advance guys Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have your program but I'll try to help. With power on the aircraft, all radios are always on. In the default 737, the illuminated button that you refer to is not a on/off button but a button that selects the audio on for station identification.

You may have to click on the outer/inner rings of the freq. selection knob to change the freq.

TCAS should also be on, you just need to change the range.

I wish that I could be of more help but without having the program, it's the best that I can do. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks for your help CRJCapt, I never realised the radios were always on Wink , thanks for the info.

I think i've figured out the radio issue, you just have to click slightly below the knob to change the value after the decimal point. Very Happy

Still having trouble with TCAS though Sad . On the left of the ND it says 'TCAS off'. See my third pic....

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/14608/my-new-737-pic-help-needed/

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You're right, I see what you mean in your panel shot. I don't see a control in the picture so I'm thinking that it's on a sub panel. Can you give a screen shot of your EFIS control panel? Usually there is a button marked TFC that will turn on the TCAS. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks for your help CRJCapt Wink , but I think I've figured it out.

From the Feel There website...

To turn the TCAS system on, you must do two (2) things, that is:
(1.) Press TFC button on EFIS MCP (Mode Control Panel).
(2.) Set the TCAS switch on radio/communication panel to TA/RA.

I'm going to try this Very Happy