SearchSearch 

Question about changing flight plans

Pro Member First Officer
HowardsRock First Officer

Often when I'm flying online, I will submit my flightplan, only to have the online ATC ask if I can accept a different route. I always say unable when they ask this because I don't know how to change my current flightplan waypoints in FS9 to accomodate the changes given by ATC.

How do you do this?

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I'm not sure how in default FS planes but if you have payware with an FMC then you just type in your new waypoints into the legs page and press the execute key. 😉

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

HowardsRock wrote:

Often when I'm flying online, I will submit my flightplan, only to have the online ATC ask if I can accept a different route. I always say unable when they ask this because I don't know how to change my current flightplan waypoints in FS9 to accomodate the changes given by ATC.

How do you do this?

That is interesting! My FS ATC has never asked me to change my flightplan, I thought they were not that smart yet. But if that is the case to you, open the flight plan, click edit tab, drag the waypoints to new vor stations, then save it. I am not at my computer at this point, try it, it should work this way.

Pro Member First Officer

What if you don't know where the new waypoints are? I wouldn't know where to drag.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I guess you just have to search 😉

Theoretically, they shouldn't be too far from your original route. 😀

BTW, in my expierience of flying online, I just ignore when the contollers request that you change your route for just this reason. They never realise and as long as you've filed the flight plan, everything works out just fine. 😉

Pro Member First Officer

Well, I tried ignoring the changes, and got SCATHED by ATC becuase of it.

Is there simply a way to add and delete waypoints from your FS flightplan?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

you can add and delete waypoints on the map of EDIT screen.
But in real world, ATC offers waypoints when asking you to change your plan.

Pro Member First Officer

On the map/edit screen, can you add waypoints to your flightplan by simply typing them in, or do you have to search, find, and drag?

The latter method would be extremely tedious.