Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Passengers

mubd Guest

I was wondering if passengers would be included in FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No one knows, we'll find out in December. I've not read anything to that effect and I don't think that they will. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

To be honest, I hope they don't. It will be a waste of resources that will be better spent eleswhere within the sim Wink

fgladitz Guest

Hey why not?

Would open up a totally different gameplay -

pull up too fast, too steep - and your passengers will scream.

I think it would rather be funny Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

fgladitz wrote:

Hey why not?

Would open up a totally different gameplay -

pull up too fast, too steep - and your passengers will scream.

I think it would rather be funny Wink

Well, if you think it is either play or funny, then nothing I say will make any sense to you, so I won't bother .

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

passengers makes the game so much better. Their is a point to it that you don't get withought it.

i will be quite annoyed if the game is released withought it because that would mean that i would have to pay another 20 or so on top of what is probably going to be a huge price anyway.

I wonder if you would be able to transfer fs passengers if you already had it for the other game, it would make sense

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I read somewhere that it would take an incredible pc to control every single passenger-and I don't really think we need them,it might be fun though.

Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

Well, if you think it is either play or funny, then nothing I say will make any sense to you, so I won't bother .

WOW dude.

No need to get your panties all up in a wad. Just chill out and have a sense of humor. Good gosh.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Well, if you think it is either play or funny, then nothing I say will make any sense to you, so I won't bother .

WOW dude.

No need to get your panties all up in a wad. Just chill out and have a sense of humor. Good gosh.

If I understand you correctly, you think that my finding passengers screaming not to be funny, is an indication that I don't have a sense of humor.

Let me know how funny you think it is if you are ever in a plane and the pilot does something to make you scream.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are people who think flying as badly as they possible can is humorous.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Well, if you think it is either play or funny, then nothing I say will make any sense to you, so I won't bother .

WOW dude.

No need to get your panties all up in a wad. Just chill out and have a sense of humor. Good gosh.

If I understand you correctly, you think that my finding passengers screaming not to be funny, is an indication that I don't have a sense of humor.

Let me know how funny you think it is if you are ever in a plane and the pilot does something to make you scream.

Remember - it's just a simulator Wink
Wink
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people who think flying as badly as they possible can is humorous.

Ok Crash come on, It's n ot real - it is simply an enjoyable add-on. They wouldn't include the 'screaming passengers' if they didn't think it wasn't going to be a fun/realistic idea to include.

You did react a little too heavily on the guest Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Well, if you think it is either play or funny, then nothing I say will make any sense to you, so I won't bother .

WOW dude.

No need to get your panties all up in a wad. Just chill out and have a sense of humor. Good gosh.

If I understand you correctly, you think that my finding passengers screaming not to be funny, is an indication that I don't have a sense of humor.

Let me know how funny you think it is if you are ever in a plane and the pilot does something to make you scream.

Remember - it's just a simulator Wink
Wink
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people who think flying as badly as they possible can is humorous.

Ok Crash come on, It's n ot real - it is simply an enjoyable add-on. They wouldn't include the 'screaming passengers' if they didn't think it wasn't going to be a fun/realistic idea to include.

You did react a little too heavily on the guest Wink

Yep, I come down like a ton of bricks when folks want eye or ear candy for doing things wrong. I think the last time I did this was when someone asked for better effects for crashes so he could show all his friends screen shots of them. Rolling Eyes

It is the old argument of whether FS is a simulator or game. Obviously, I think it is a simulator.

By the way, a pilot usually has head phones on and the cockpit door is closed. The sounds of the cockpit warning devices, crew and ATC, are the most likely things the pilot will hear in an emergency. My copy of FS Passengers doesn't have screaming passengers. I modified it to remove that annoyance.

I thought I was on my best behaviour. I didn't even mention what I thought of his use of the word, "dude". Laughing Maybe I'll wait for someone to say, "mate", instead. ROFL

I'll stand by my statement to the original poster that if he thought it was play or funny, nothing I could say would make any sense to him. Obviously, we look at FS so differently, we wouldn't be speaking the same language. I am surprised anyone took offense at that.

Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

fgladitz wrote:

Hey why not?

Would open up a totally different gameplay -

pull up too fast, too steep - and your passengers will scream.

I think it would rather be funny Wink

Well, if you think it is either play or funny, then nothing I say will make any sense to you, so I won't bother .

Heck it is afterall a game, the physics are really far off from being a real flight simulator despite what MS wants to claim. Sure you can practice things, but the physics just are not all that realistic. With that being said I really dont see any harm in having passengers on your plane and it really wouldnt take a super computer to have them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Passengers are already available with the FSPassengers addon. I have no problem with passengers.

I do have a problem when someone thinks it is funny to hear them scream.

While you are correct that FS is not a perfect simulator, it is not a game because you aren't playing against an opponent and the only goal is to fly from your departure airport to you destination airport as realistically as you can. No high scores. No, "next level". No magic, power pills or other nonsense.

Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

If you only want to hear passengers scream, then maybe (game players) should consider buying this, and saving their pennies not buying FS9 or FSPax Rolling Eyes

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Wing-man wrote:

If you only want to hear passengers scream, then maybe (game players) should consider buying this, and saving their pennies not buying FS9 or FSPax Rolling Eyes

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/

ROFL ROFL ROFL Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Trainee
Ian Macdonald-Munro (Lionman) Trainee

pilotwannabe wrote:

To be honest, I hope they don't. It will be a waste of resources that will be better spent eleswhere within the sim Wink

I guess there are still guys who think Icons are a waste of resources and we should have stayed with DOS but I am certainly not one of them.

IMHO I think totally empty passenger aircraft are about as convincing, realistic and immersive as flying rubber chickens! Surely good Flight Simulators are all about totally immersive REALISM not geekism??? That's the whole POINT of sims isn't it? They are supposed to be "like the real thing" not an empty world of flying model aircraft.

Even though for the first 10 years limited system resources could be blamed it has still already taken 20 years and 10 iterations of Flight Simulator to end the crazyness of a totally empty planet with no people, traffic, birds, or wild life. So please let's not wait another 20 years to have PROPER REALISM with passenger aircraft containing actual PASSENGERS who talk, move about randomly, ask for stewardesses, get served meals, go to the toilets etc. Even climb the steps and enter the plane or deplane through the open doors into the telescopic passenger tunnels. Just think for a moment what a massive difference it would make to how you feel as a virtual pilot, hearing and seeing all those people in the cabin whose "virtual lives" depend on your skills? Any of you who have tried the excellent add-on "FS Passengers" will know what a massive difference even just the sounds of passengers and crew make to the realism and immersion of one's experience. As a frequent flyer myself hearing "<Bing Bong> Cabin Doors to Manual" alone puts me "right there".

Personally I hope that one day one will be able to take a flight AS A PASSENGER in the main cabin instead of only ever in the cockpit. Or fly as a virtual passenger in a friend's virtual airline, or in an airliner piloted by a friend. All these elements are present already in other simulators. Combat flight sims like IL2 FB have co-operative flight crews in bombers where up to 6 gamers can fly in a single aircraft in a variety of roles, FPS infantry sims like COD and RO have animated AI avatars, doors one can open, windows that break and steps one can climb, while train simulators have carriages one can "virtually" sit in, to experience the journey as a "virtual passenger". So why must all flight simulator aircraft in otherwise staggeringly realistic sims, be spookily empty, silent, hollow shells? What's the point of having cockpits so real that they have coffee cups and manuals yet empty cabins with no passengers, no stewards and no co-pilot beside one's own "ampty" seat?????

Think of the extra opportunities for in-flight "adventures"!!! There you are, sitting (virtually) in the passenger cabin amongst the punters, when suddenly over the intercome the chief steward says "Is there anyone onboard with flying expereince?" and you stand up and make your way to the cockpit to "save the day and land the 747" (or whatever!) Or terrorists take over the plane etc etc. What a training aid for air marshalls! Or a jump plane with sky divers who actually parachute out when you give them the go signal! Why not even have friends as virtual skydivers who can skydive and fly their chutes to earth in a co-operative aircraft crew? Endless possibilities.

Doesn't ANYONE see how irrational and illogical empty aircraft have ALWAYS been? Personally I think "shadows on rivets" and "specular shine" are far less rational "wastes of system resources".

After a year's requests in the subsim Forums from simulation gamers (myself included) seeking more realism, in Silent Hunter III they created a 3D virtual crew below decks and on the bridge who speak to you, give up up-date information and respond to you when you issue orders and you can also now move about inside the U-Boat as if you really were onboard. You only have to try that sim to discover that thanks to these changes, it is without doubt the most realistic, immersive (LOL) and convincing naval combat simulator ever created.

Yet there were still gamers in the subsim realm who shook their heads and said "it was a waste of system resources". The kind of sub-combat gamers who were content to sit staring as flat screens of instruments (in SH II and former subsims) and "imagine" the rest. Why not just read a book and imagine everything? DUH Thanks goodness the developers listened to us realism freaks and created the most amazingly real and adrenalating sub sim ever. It's also by far the most challenging as a game. It's time MS FS became a full simulator instead of just an empty shell world. There Microsoft! An outline blueprint for FS XI already which gives you about 4 years to develop it!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Doesn't ANYONE see how irrational and illogical empty aircraft have ALWAYS been? Personally I think "shadows on rivets" and "specular shine" are far less rational "wastes of system resources".

Does that mean flying cargo is irrational or illogical. The cargo doesn't scream, or babble meaninglessly while the cabin crew is explaining emergency procedures to a cabin full of people who aren't listening.

I agree with you that resources used to make the exterior model are technically a waste of resources, since a pilot doesn't see the exterior of the plane unless he isnt't flying it. But people do want to see what the plane is doing and take screen shots.

For me, the ultimate experience would be a photorealistic 3-D cockpit where the view changed appropriatelyas I moved my head and where I could actually see out the windshield without the panel taking up over half the screen.

As for passenger sounds, I'll fly cargo.

Pro Member Trainee
Ian Macdonald-Munro (Lionman) Trainee

ROTFLMAO! No I was joking in a friendly way about my German buddy - nothing irrational about cargo as opposed to passengers when both are virtual anyway! He has a loopy surreal sense of humour and is a very amusing chap and great company that's all.

As for your other observations I love good screenshots - in fact the best I have ever seen are those collected at http://www.screenshotart.com - and I have no real problem with rivets or shine, in fact the realer the better for me, inside or out.

As for the cockpit realism - I have seen a few (made by the better specialist freeware add-on plane designers) that pretty well fulfil your requirements. Personally I too am promarily only interested in photo-realistic virtual cockpits and find the "half panel fixed style" old-fashioned, unrealistic and covering too much of the screen. Have you tried Track IR 4? Using that inside a really top quality virtual cockpit is as near to the real thing as it gets. I would like to see the virtual cockpit become the only type modelled as it creates a "real" 3D interior.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

No problem. Wink The nice thing about cargo is that it doesn't scream or complain. Doesn't need to be fed and doesn't overburden the lavatories.Laughing

Unfortunately, 3-D virtual cockpits are still a long way from photoreal.

Where possible, I use a 2-D panel that places all the major systems in view so I don't have to rely on sub-panels. Maybe not as realistic as a photoreal panel, but it beats having to switch between panels.

Guest

or you can have an option to do it or not like have passengers and not have passengers it would be like fspassenger because you have an option to use passengers and then you have the option not to!!!!! Very Happy

Guest

Anonymous wrote:

or you can have an option to do it or not like have passengers and not have passengers it would be like fspassenger because you have an option to use passengers and then you have the option not to!!!!! Very Happy

I have tried FSPassengers and it is a really great add-on that vastly enhances the immersion in FS9. Highly recommended. One hopes that MS will buy them out and include an enhanced version of such features in FSX. (FS10)

Pro Member Trainee
Ian Macdonald-Munro (Lionman) Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

or you can have an option to do it or not like have passengers and not have passengers it would be like fspassenger because you have an option to use passengers and then you have the option not to!!!!! Very Happy

I have tried FSPassengers and it is a really great add-on that vastly enhances the immersion in FS9. Highly recommended. One hopes that MS will buy them out and include an enhanced version of such features in FSX. (FS10)

This was my post but I wasn't logged in.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions