United 93

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'll be off to see the movie United 93 shortly. I'll have a review when I get back.

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Have a good time... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Have fun! 👍

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

it was a good and sort of sad movie, but i won't spoil it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I understand it's quite intense and has received top reviews.
I go to the movies for entertainment (escapism), I guess I won't be seeing this.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

One thing I'm wondering is, is it tasteful? I know that sounds like a very insensitive question, but I mean have they made it into some action film with lots of special effects, or have they actually captured the story and events?

Thanks 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I'm guessing it'll be some time before it'll get released in the UK. Sometimes it can take months 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well since this a movie topic.... i will watch the Red Eye in a DVD in while...I will share my thoughts about it later or tommorow... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Later, i'm going to watch my Kenya Airways World Air Routes DVD 👍

It's an absolute corker 😉

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Peace! Have a nice day. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain

Okay, I am back. The movie is an absolute masterpiece. It is filmed as if you are actually there. It is not made overly dramatic. It is done with extreme good taste. Even the hijackers are portrayed in a manner that gives some insight as to their mindset.

The aircraft and ATC activities were extremely accurate.

The one thing I came away with was a sense of frustration over how many levels of bureaucracy were absolutely unprepared and powerless to take any effective action.

As far as realism, suffice it to say at the end of the movie as the plane is going down, I am using my feet to push myself back into my seat.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

this movie provokes odd feelings in me...

it's like... i want to see it, but at the same time i don't because i know i will come out of the theaters and think about that horrible day over and over again.. leaving a stagnating sadness in my mind 😕

i'm not saying we should forget 9/11... but perhaps this is too harsh a reminder.

with that being said... i don't have to see the movie to know that all the people who decided to take action on board that 757 are heroes, no doubt in my mind about that.

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

this movie provokes odd feelings in me...

it's like... i want to see it, but at the same time i don't because i know i will come out of the theaters and think about that horrible day over and over again.. leaving a stagnating sadness in my mind 😕

i'm not saying we should forget 9/11... but perhaps this is too harsh a reminder.

with that being said... i don't have to see the movie to know that all the people who decided to take action on board that 757 are heroes, no doubt in my mind about that.

I think that if it will effect you for the worse, then don't see it.

Perhaps, I've just been hardened a bit more than most. I've seen friends die, I've been shot myself, and have seen lots of really crappy things. I guess that has made my skin thicker than most. When I see a movie like United 93, Hotel Rwanda, or others depicting really horrific events, I don't let it reduce me to a pile of rubble.

That said, consider yourself fortunate that the violence of 9/11 turns you off as much as it does.

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Okay, I am back. The movie is an absolute masterpiece. It is filmed as if you are actually there. It is not made overly dramatic. It is done with extreme good taste. Even the hijackers are portrayed in a manner that gives some insight as to their mindset.

The aircraft and ATC activities were extremely accurate.

The one thing I came away with was a sense of frustration over how many levels of bureaucracy were absolutely unprepared and powerless to take any effective action.

As far as realism, suffice it to say at the end of the movie as the plane is going down, I am using my feet to push myself back into my seat.

I'm glad to hear its an accurate depiction of what happened. A shame it comes out so late in the UK 😞

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

i hope to eventually see the "United Flight 93" movie shortly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well i didnt manage to see Red Eye..I hope today... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

More air traffic control delays keeping you simming longer than scheduled??

😂 😂

Thanks for the review Crash 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Since I couldn't spot all the details with only one viewing, I may have missed something, but it appeared they were meticulous with the cockpit gauge displays.

Another interesting thing is that a number of the actual 9/11 air traffic controllers portrayed themselves in the movie.

Also quite realistic is the frustration of Air Force officers requesting rules of engagement and do they have the authority to shoot down a commercial airliner.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

More air traffic control delays keeping you simming longer than scheduled??

😂 😂

Thanks for the review Crash 😉

Well i dont know if my wife change her proffesion to ATController but she was the causation of my delay... 😂 😂 😂 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Saw it yesterday, and agree with CrashGordon. The movie is absolutely unbelievable. I couldn't believe the level of realism, there were several times my mind was completely blown away and I could only shake my head

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...