I must be really stupid

This is a really stupid question, I know, but it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!
I'm new to FS and I have the 2002 version. I play the game on my laptop and when I'm taking the ATC lesson, after all the instructions and after taxi, he says to "press CTRL + ] " to continue...and I just can't do it!I've tried all the possible combinations but I just can't get the ] sign...
And also...is there any site where I can get more (and maybe more complete and acessible) information for learning how to fly? I feel like I have this incredible world just next to me (specially when I see messages by the real pros here) and I just can't get to it...
I understand these are stupid question, but I will be a little less stupid if I know the answers 😉
Thank you very much in advance

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Hi,

For the answer to your first question, the ']' button can be found in the top right of your keyboard, just above the @ symbol, if that helps.

In terms of you learning how to fly, the learning centre in FS is useful, the lessons not so much although I would recommend them to see how you go.
This site offers many explanations from approach guides to posting screenshots. Have a read of these and other posts and then ask questions on things you don't understand. 😉

😀 😀

Thanks for your reply
In my laptop, the ] is the same key as 9. when I want to put it in text, I just press Alt GR + 9 and it works fine. This doesn't work when I'm taking the lesson...

Rich Rich Guest

HI
See if you have got a FN key. If you have press the FN key and the number lock key and make sure it is off. Then you should be able to press CTRL and ]. I had the same problem on my laptop until i found out how to do that.

That still didn´t work...

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Hi, pres Alt + ], but in the Lap top you have to seek for the Alt/Gr key, pres this one and next "]", the Alt/Gr key is next to space bar and "]" key is next to Intro. 😎

No...that didn´t work...
I think I'll just skip that lesson
thanks anyway

Get a new computer lol

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...