Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

dumb question..

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

hey how can i get to these forums while i'm in flightsim anyway?

..whenever i have tried minimizing FS9 while playing in the past.. it freezes up and i need to restart the game. Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There's a box to check in the settings section of the sim and right now I can't think of the name of it. If you check it the sim will keep running while minimized.
Be sure that you have enough ram to run the sim, Windows and the net at the same time. Minimum, 1 gig.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

Alternatively you can download a patch which will allow you to be in this forum, whilst flying. Is that what you're asking for? Well, if it is, then just get the patch in this section, which is a sticky, and put it in the Aircraft folder. To get into this website whilst you're flying it's the control commands tab.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I think that dear RadarMan means this :

Hit alt and then select the followings Arrow

Uncheck the Pause on task switch and FS will continue running on background every time you hit the start key to go to Windows.

Alternatively as Mc_GaNgStA points you can use the following utility.It adds an Internet Browser to your kneeboard.

File name : kb_utils.zip(Second from the end)

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=browser&CatID=root

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I never knew of this utility Embarassed

Thanks Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I find it not so good because of the kneeboards size.Too small pages Shocked ...but anyway someone maybe find it useful. Wink

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

thanks for the tips guys... very helpful Thumbs Up! Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hi,

I've downloaded kb_utils.zip but I can't find the file that allows you to have the net on your kneeboard. Within the file, are checklists and charts which i'm not too intersted in, but I can't find the file that I need to copy that will allow me to have the internet on my kneeboard.

Any ideas, thanks Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

2.Installing
To install this utility you must copy the .htm files and the 3 folders from the zip file to "flight simulator 2004 instalation->AIRCRAFT\" folder. For example if you have fs9 installed on drive d: in folder fs9 the files should be unpacked to: D:\FS9\aircraft\.

After installing the content of FS9/aircraft should look like this:
D:\FS9\Aircraft\
charts
checklists
bot.htm
kneeboard_keys.htm

Just to know what we are talking about. Wink
Well if i was you i will ignore the three folders(Charts,Checklists,Images)copy only the rest contains(The HTML documents and the JaveScript File) of this file and check the results.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ahhh, I see. I just have to copy the HTML files into the 'aircraft folder'. OK, i'll try this, thanks Wink

Hey, this is PW, i've got the utility to work, thanks GM, for some reason though I can't login into flyaway??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hey, this is PW, i've got the utility to work, thanks GM, for some reason though I can't login into flyaway??

You mean form the kneeboard?Restart and try again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I try it too and indeed i also cant login. Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

I try it too and indeed i also cant login. Dont Know

It's weird becasue it doesn't say that my password or login name is wrong Dont Know

Oh well

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes it seems that we miss something....Personally i dont care too much because as i already said i find the kneeboards page quite small for surfing... Wink So i had never use it. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Also, it seems to be giving me some .dll issues. The last couple of flights have been cut short because MS says something about various .dll files, last time it was atc.dll. FS then shuts itself down. Annoying becasue I was coming to the end of a two hour flight to Geneva at the time Wall Bashing

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ouchhhh Exclamation ...Thats painful... Confused But we all have felt it... Wink