Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Flying Boat

Pro Member Trainee
XanderC Trainee

How do i get it so that FS2004 starts me in the water with a flying boat as it has no wheels and cannot take of from the runway ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

XanderC wrote:

How do i get it so that FS2004 starts me in the water with a flying boat as it has no wheels and cannot take of from the runway ❓

Search on the map for the nearest airport to your 'Water Depart Location', then take a small aircraft you feel confident with and fly toward that location.
Shortly before you arrive, Pause and change the aircraft you have been flying to the 'flying boat'.
Land the flying boat at the spot you want to depart from. Save the flight and give it a unique name such as 'Water Departure near XXX'.
The next time you want to load this flight, just select it from the "Select a flight" menu.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

XanderC wrote:

You can also move your craft from the Map by drag it with the cursor or using slew mode by hitting ''Y'' key.Then follow RadarMan's link suggestions about saving your flight.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Then make that flight your default, if you want to start there frequently.