ILS

Rich Rich Guest

Can someone haelp me with ILS's.
I have FS2004 and can do a ILS fine but only into an airport with one ILS runway. I have problems when i fly into a big major airport like Heathrow (EGLL). Ive tuned NAV1 and NAV2 and turned them on, ive put the course in the autopilot but for example i tried again this morning and i was cleared to land with ILS on runway 09L. At heathrow quite a few airports have the same NAV frequency and when i hit the approach button my plane shoots off to the right or left and flies away from the airport. Am i doing something wrong ❓ . Please Help
Thanks Richard

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

No two runways that are parallel have the same ILS frequency for that reason - as aircraft would be landing on wrong runways etc. If you have the frequency for 9L tuned into your NAV radios and are approaching that runway, then it should work.

You might be hitting the approach button from too far away (no more than 10nm), or from too high (no higher than 2800feet) or whilst you are going too fast (no faster than 180KIAS). And make sure your GPS/NAV switch is on NAV.

Hope that helps 😉

Rich Rich Guest

Thanks Ill Try That

Rich Rich wrote:

Can someone haelp me with ILS's.
I have FS2004 and can do a ILS fine but only into an airport with one ILS runway. I have problems when i fly into a big major airport like Heathrow (EGLL). Ive tuned NAV1 and NAV2 and turned them on, ive put the course in the autopilot but for example i tried again this morning and i was cleared to land with ILS on runway 09L. At heathrow quite a few runways have the same NAV frequency and when i hit the approach button my plane shoots off to the right or left and flies away from the airport. Am i doing something wrong ❓ . Please Help
Thanks Richard

Rich Rich Guest

Just one more question. On The default Boeing 747-400 where do you type the course heading in on the autopilot.
Thanks Richard

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

If I can remember right its in the top right of the ND, but make sure you have the NAV/GPS set to NAV. You can change it by just moving your cursor over the number. You see a + or -.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes

There should be a 'CRS' knob near to the 'HDG' one on the MCP 😉

Rich Rich Guest

Thanks
Ive been wanting to do and ILS landing in a 747-400 but i could never found the course heading thing.
Thanks Again
Richard

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think for the 747, it might be on the HSI (Horizontal Situation Indicator). It shows you the compass and the heading you are flying in. At the top right hand corner, it might have 'CRS' written there, where you can change it. If not, it'll be on the AP panel 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...