SearchSearch 

Urgent Help!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I have just gotten the ERJ from Feelthere. Well my first empressions were ok. Bad VC IMO. Well I line up down the runway but things seemed to be choppy so I hit Shift-Z twice to see my FPS. To my suprise I saw that I was getting THREE FPS. I was shocked. My system specs are 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4. Nvidia 5500 256MB. 512 RAM. My secenery and weather is a the bare minimal and no other programs are running. My traffic is at about 50%. I was so pissed seeing that I cannot even fly her because it stutters every freaking second. I have had much more complex add-ons and NEVER did they drop the FPS this low. How can I improve my FPS so I can fly this bird?

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't want to sound insulting but with the high LOD of that aircraft and the graphic intensive areas that you are flying in that card is far from being the best.
http://www.bizrate.com/graphicscards/products__keyword--nvidia%205500%20256%20megabytes__sort--5.html

As a sidebar I would bump up that ram to match that nice CPU you have.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Alright well RM or anybody else, what kind of new graphics card should I get. I am going to get another 1 gig of memory but what about graphics. Would the Nvidia 6800 be good. Also if anyone would like to buy this airplane from me, tell me.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

yeah.. more and more we are starting to see games and programs that require over 1Gb of RAM minimum. ...i'd definitely boost your RAM before you do anything else.

i have 1.5Gb of RAM and i have yet to have problems in that area...

my card is similar to yours.. and i dont have problems with that...

i have...
256Mb ATI Radeon X700 Pro graphics
and
128Mb ATI Radeon Xpress 200 shared graphics

you'd think it would be about 384Mb of graphics.. but that shared word is annoying, lol. (default chipset)

..hope you get that sorted out Jared! 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm the wrong one to ask about NVIDIA cards, I can just judge them by price alone.
It all depends on what your going to spend.

http://www.bizrate.com/graphicscards/products__keyword--nvidia%206800__sort--5.html Looks like low priced to me.

We were talking about cards here, look at the link I have in my post.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/14611/this-g-card/

As for the ram, don't forget when buying it, Vista is going to want 1 gig. You want to have plenty left over for FSX, minimum to me would be 2 gigs.

Radar

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Prehaps you have a background program running?

If you are not connected to the net during flightsim, try turning off your firewall, ending some process' in the Task Manager.

Theres a good program called FS Process Ender which does exactly this, but I can't remember where to download it- hopefully someone else will know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I have this program with a not so good graphics card and it runs fine. Try flying with no VC or wing views, this will help your FPS 😉

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I fly the ERJ with no frame hit whatsoever and my card sucks much worse... something else must be wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

I fly the ERJ with no frame hit whatsoever and my card sucks much worse... something else must be wrong.

]

Maybe the disc is scratched, which I guess could have caused some installation problems.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Ok well I think I am getting another gig or memory and the Nvidia 6600Oc 256MB.

Also is an AGP and AGP 8X card compatible?