Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Long Getting airbourne on the 767-300 and A340

Why does it take so long to get airbourne on the 767-300 and a340 downloads. i always do everything right but end up 1000-1500ft of the runway before i rotate!
Help Me please also
IS there any good A340 Panels out their???

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Are you setting flaps corretcly?? Are you overweight??
Check 'fuel and payload' on the start-up screen Wink

Good A330/A340 panel....

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004panels20.htm

(5th from bottom)

Wink

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

To put it into fairly simple terms:
An aircraft takes a certain distance before getting airborne. This distance is calculated based on various variables such as aircraft type, weight, pressure altitude, runway slope/surface, OAT etc. Take Off Distance Required will be specified in approved aircraft take-off performance charts.
So lets say the fully laden A340 takes 2800 metres to take off and you are operating from a field with its longest runway being 2500m......it won't work! Something must give and this will normally be fuel, bags or worst case passengers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You can always set your trim to about +1.5 which I normally do for heavy aircraft - it means I don't pull back on the stick as much and makes for a smoother takeoff. Otherwise, like already has been suggested, check weight, pressure, OAT etc etc and make sure the runway is a reasonable length!

Wink

Anonymous wrote:

Why does it take so long to get airbourne on the 767-300 and a340 downloads. i always do everything right but end up 1000-1500ft of the runway before i rotate!
Help Me please also
IS there any good A340 Panels out their???

I assume you ment 10000 -15000 ft. insted of what you wrote. You're not doing it right. go back to the lessons and learn the right way before you jump in a hugh aircraft.

Cheers for all the information

Also for the last person that sent a message,

I fly short haul for airbus a319/320 at heathrow and have done so for a few years

Guest Guest

You could try setting trim up more and morre flaps and bring to full power while parking brake on and pull back earlyier