Lightning

Pro Member First Officer
HowardsRock First Officer

Anybody's plane ever been struck by lightning in FS?

What kind of extreme weather effects does ActiveSky produce (hail, hard winds, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc...)??

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Since you are looking at a two-dimensional screen, it is hard to tell if the plane was actually in the lightning's path, but I believe so. No damage.

While Active Sky can produce better clouds and a more accurate depiction of wind, rain snow, etc., there is no mechanism for real hurricane conditions, hail or a tornado. At least, I've never seen it, and I tried to fly in the area of Hurricane Katrina last year. I got clouds, rain and some wind, but nothing that couldn't easily be handled.

No, you're expecting too much from a computer program. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

No, you're expecting too much from a computer program. 🙄

No offence to you my friend but i think that you never expect even the half from what computer programs offer to us. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Let's look at this a minute. A computer program can provide realistic hurricane winds. Addons already do produce the images of tornadoes, but not the winds. Why? Because without being able to actually feel the buffeting and movement of of the plane, you won't be able to fly under those conditions.

Computer programs can supply a lot, but if they require too much in the way of RAM, graphics engine or disk space, people won't
buy them. So, whoever thinks that it is expecting too much from a comouter program, doesn't know much about computer programs. 😉 The limiting factor is really hardware cost.

Pro Member First Officer
HowardsRock First Officer

Which add-ons have the images of tornadoes??

And what's wrong with sports arenas Crash??? 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...