Don't think it will be released in the states, unfortunately Crying or Very sad

25 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

thanks for the link. looks pretty cool.

Welcome to the forums, Faucett 🍻 😀

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

😳 😳 😳 I want!!!!!!! To bad its not in the US of A. Anyone from the UK wanna buy me that????? ROFL Never mind, i think FSX will keep me occupied.

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The water and the wakes that they leave are very nicely done, but the ships themselves are a little cartoon like, not nice and sleek like our aircraft. They look as if the were built out of blocks, blocks with bad colors.

I feel that I can criticize it because of the huge requirement they want in the PC (not minimum).

Recommended System Requirements For Ship Simulator 2006:
• Windows 2000 or Windows XP
• 3 GHz Intel® Pentium® IV or AMD® Athlon™ processor
• 512 MB RAM (1 GB for XP)
• 4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
• Approx. 300 MB free hard disk space
• 128 MB 3D accelerated video card with support for Vertex and Pixel shader 2.0 (nVidia GeForce4+ or ATI).

Watch all the videos, I did. Same, it's a nice idea especially if I get to toot the horn (the best part of the train sims also).
http://www.shipsim.com/index.php?id=4#

It also looks as if you can download it from this site when it goes on sale.
http://www.shipsim.com/index.php?id=5

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

thats awsome! thanks for the links radarman

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

ooooohhh - thanks for the download link RM, I hadn't seen that! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

WOW!!!! that actually looks really neat! i might just buy the download when it comes out!

..of course my top passion in life is aviation, but somewhere in "2nd place" i have always had quite a fascination for steering ships as well.

..i've been on several cruises and it never ceases to amaze me watching them come into and out of ports.

technology is amazing.. you used to see huge steering wheels on the bridge of cruise ships and freighters... now you dont see any at all. 100,000 tons of moving mass, and the helmsman has it all in his hand... in a simple little joystick, lol 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Hey,I always wanted a boat sim!I read a review in a mag,and apparently you only have the titanic(always gives me shivers when i drive it in a sim!)a tugboat,and some other boats.You can walk around the titanic,but there isn't much to see and one can't walk around the other boats.It seems to boring for an action game and too slow for a sim.I thought again after I read that...

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Nice!!
Thanks for the web link. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

It seems to boring for an action game and too slow for a sim

yes... but then again... Microsoft made a TrainSim, ... at least in a ship sim you can go in whatever direction you want, lol 😂

..besides, i'm sure add-on developers and freeware modelers will jump all over that game... there will be different ships popping up everywhere on different download sites... (assuming that it works similarly to FlightSim, that is)

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

looks pretty boring, i mean what is there to do? Ship acrobatics? nothing but water on each side. Wait, I think I hear a fog horn: BORING, BORING!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

looks pretty boring, i mean what is there to do? Ship acrobatics? nothing but water on each side. Wait, I think I hear a fog horn: BORING, BORING!

I ensure you that this is not how you describe it. ❗
Maybe its boring travel with a ship but isnt boring a trans-atlantic flight?
Its different to be a passenger from being a pilot or the captain of a ship.
Try it once and you are going to understand that im right... 😉

Pro Member First Officer

..couldnt have said it any better GM Clap

lenin.. yes, cruising along at 10 knots in miles of water is boring.. but so is staying aloft with the autopilot on for 7 hours.

...you'd be surprised how exciting docking an 80,000 ton ship can be... lots to do, lots to monitor and watch over.. it aint easy!

just like planes.. the beginning and end of the trips are the most exciting.. with the middle there (the longest part, lol) being the boring part we'd all yawn through, lol

..truthfully.. im excited about this Ship Sim 😀

(but not nearly as excited as about FSX... lol)

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

It seems to boring for an action game and too slow for a sim

yes... but then again... Microsoft made a TrainSim, ... at least in a ship sim you can go in whatever direction you want, lol 😂

..besides, i'm sure add-on developers and freeware modelers will jump all over that game... there will be different ships popping up everywhere on different download sites... (assuming that it works similarly to FlightSim, that is)

I agree.I think i might just test this... 😀

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

it dosent look very exicting.
im a 100% flight simmer.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

yep, dedicated to the air.

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

well sorry not into ships much. more into aircraft my self. but hay great find!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Just imagine simulating a cruise from Europe to the Carribean ❗ I find two hours on my PC gives me a headache. 😉 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Of course you all know that i love FS bit i would like to test a small ship in a major thunderstorm in the middle of Pacific Ocean...

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

it looks interesting i mite just give it a try

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

I still won't check it out. Just like Lenin, I'm a diehard flightsimmer.

Pro Member First Officer

lol, amermel.. nobody here is trying to convince you to go out and buy it.

i'm a diehard flightsimmer also.. i'm in flight school in real life as well.

..but its okay to enjoy other things sometimes too. 😉

Pro Member Captain

Well, i like anything that is amachine, so if it is Simulated i will get it, does not matters if it is ship SIM, i think it could be as great as FS9, but they don´t fly. 🙄 LOL
I like FS9!.

Pro Member First Officer

lol... look what i found!! who needs the ship sim anyway!!

thread:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/15127/my-most-recent-trip-lol/

😂

Pro Member Captain

Great pict, it is a nice Sim, but not enought good to play it as fight simulator.
Don´t you think? 🙄