how high can you go

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

how high can you go on fs2004. i've put the sim rate to fastest and got to 60000ft, before plumiting to the ground

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I've been up to 100,000Ft in a shuttle I downloaded once, and then the plane starts acting really weird, i.e. spinning, diving, climbing again etc etc. Basically beyond control. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

wots it like up there, any different?

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Not really, your not in space or anything like that, the scenery just seems really far away. Use slew if you want to see for yourself 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I believe the hard-coded limit is 99,999 ft. The hard-coded KIAS is 999.

Pro Member Trainee
mrtazzy Trainee

Once I slewed the glider up to FL800! 😂 You should try it for a laugh. Another interesting slew is a chopper. 😂

Last edited by mrtazzy on Tue May 16, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i assume you mean 'chopper' that would be quite fun

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

65,000 ft with an Sr-71 at 4.2 mach (i don´t know how i got that speed, but after 60,000 the craft beggan to climb more and more and fly faster), very dificult to control the aircraft after all this, then the aircraft just stall when i get to the 65,000 ft and went right to the grownd. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

In real life, from the Concorde, at 60,000 feet, you could see the curvature of the earth.

I've been to ALOT of feet, I thought it was over 100,000, but now I doubt myself. In the game, the horizon is still flat. 😞

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

i once warped a c172 up to 99999. engine quit and it was a bumpy ride back 🙂

I flew my SR-71 up to 100,003 feet at well over 1000 kias

Pro Member Captain

So what is max altitud an airplane can go in fs9, and how fast?, someone knows? Surprised

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

I think it depends on the plane. From my experiance the 737 starts acting weird at about 50,000, and the cessna around 18,000. Speed definitly depends on aircraft. I tried getting as high as I could in slew mode once and I think it maxed out at 99,999 like was said before.

Pro Member Captain

Ok, thanks. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

I slewed a boeing 737 up to 99,999ft and when I took it off, all hell broke loose on the plane

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...