Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

45 New FSX Screens from May 9th...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Shocked Shocked

Can't believe they've even included birds!!

Surprised

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

That´s just great, eaven more then great that is.... i have no words for all that. Shocked "Birds"! Surprised

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

amermel wrote:

Shocked

Imagin what else could be in FSX, if they´ve included birds...

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

If there are birds, will there be birdstrike damage? Can you imagine one hitting your windshield?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

If there are birds, will there be birdstrike damage? Can you imagine one hitting your windshield?

I can imagin a hit by one of those, expensive will be. I can imagin the cost of replacements for the plane. Shocked

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

lol! Smile

Guest

There is a short video on the main MSFS website, showing a mission of a heli rescue as well as an aircraft flying low in Africa, where there are elephants walking along!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Whoop they added a few more screens on Saturday. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Shocked Shocked Shocked I want it!!! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

ok I guess it's my turn to start spreading negativity throughout this WONDERFUL AND DELIGHTFUL THREAD.
FSX sucks. why?

1. BECAUSE THE CESSNA'S FLAPS ONLY WORK ON THE RIGHT SIDE!
2. There are no jets (except for a 747 without landing gear)
3. It won't look nearly as good as that anyway. Those screens are shots of how it will look when you have the best PC in the world and 500000 addons.

ok tnx for your attention, you can now continue admiring FSX

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

ok I guess it's my turn to start spreading negativity throughout this WONDERFUL AND DELIGHTFUL THREAD.
FSX sucks. why?

1. BECAUSE THE CESSNA'S FLAPS ONLY WORK ON THE RIGHT SIDE!
2. There are no jets (except for a 747 without landing gear)
3. It won't look nearly as good as that anyway. Those screens are shots of how it will look when you have the best PC in the world and 500000 addons.

ok tnx for your attention, you can now continue admiring FSX

What are you basing this on SeanGa....do you have a link??

P.S I doubt MS would inlclude a 747 with no landing gear Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

ok I guess it's my turn to start spreading negativity throughout this WONDERFUL AND DELIGHTFUL THREAD.
FSX sucks. why?

1. BECAUSE THE CESSNA'S FLAPS ONLY WORK ON THE RIGHT SIDE!
2. There are no jets (except for a 747 without landing gear)
3. It won't look nearly as good as that anyway. Those screens are shots of how it will look when you have the best PC in the world and 500000 addons.

ok tnx for your attention, you can now continue admiring FSX

Hey man,calm down.this is the hyper very first version.Of course there are still millions of bugs.If you wanna stay with fs2004 while everybody else moves on to fsx,be my guest.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

SeanGa wrote:

ok I guess it's my turn to start spreading negativity throughout this WONDERFUL AND DELIGHTFUL THREAD.
FSX sucks. why?

1. BECAUSE THE CESSNA'S FLAPS ONLY WORK ON THE RIGHT SIDE!
2. There are no jets (except for a 747 without landing gear)
3. It won't look nearly as good as that anyway. Those screens are shots of how it will look when you have the best PC in the world and 500000 addons.

ok tnx for your attention, you can now continue admiring FSX

What are you basing this on SeanGa....do you have a link??

P.S I doubt MS would inlclude a 747 with no landing gear Wink

oOoOo. I knew my post would upset ppl Very Happy but yes, I have PROOF! let me find the pictures, 2 sec.

Cessna flaps: http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/flightsim2006/452974/

747 without landing gear (at least without nose gear): https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/16/microsoft-flight-simulator-x/

Enjoy ppl! and hey, Mr. Shippie, I am very surprised! Mahlon Mahlon

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

You should remember, like HMS said, that the product hasn't been released yet, and is still being worked on. I'm sure when its released the 747 will have landing gear and other such bugs will be ironed out Wink

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

I don't Razz besides, it's more challenging to land without the gear, so maybe it's a good thing. And it's also more challenging to land with flaps on only one of the wings, isn't it? I think we all agree --->

CONCLUSION: FSX will be more challenging than FS9.

yay

edit: even more challenging things!

Birds - we will have to dodge birds every flight to avoid engine failures

Animals - upon emergency landings (which will occur more frequently considering all these new challenges) we will have to dodge elephants to avoid crushing our planes

New sun reflection effect - it will be hard to see properly because the sun will flash our eyes and blind us. In other words, it will be impossible to land manually by using visual reference. FMC will be needed!

More buildings - It will be impossible to fly low because of all the new skyscrapers and all the other cute additions to the game.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Ah yes, you're one of those people afraid of "change".

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

Birds - we will have to dodge birds every flight to avoid engine failures

Animals - upon emergency landings (which will occur more frequently considering all these new challenges) we will have to dodge elephants to avoid crushing our planes

New sun reflection effect - it will be hard to see properly because the sun will flash our eyes and blind us. In other words, it will be impossible to land manually by using visual reference. FMC will be needed!

More buildings - It will be impossible to fly low because of all the new skyscrapers and all the other cute additions to the game.

Isn't this flying??? Question Very Happy
Finally some complete realism.
It won't be IMPOSSIBLE to fly low,and if there will be building and skyscrapers,so much more the reason to do so. Wink
It's just making it more REAL

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

That screenie of the truck racing the extra 300 is so cool!I remember seeing that race on discovery,complete with a doc about the truck.It has a jet engine and can get to speeds of something like 1000kph.
It seems fsx will be more for everybody:
more like my"kind" of flying-short and fun,but also for short distance hoppers,and for range fliers.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1 You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics