Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Hello

KBOS - EGCC B747 - 400

Ladies and Gentlemen from the flight deck, currently climbing through 33000 feet up to our cruising altitude of 40000 feet, expect a smooth flight, right now the computer is showing us about 2700 miles to Manchester and a little under 6 hours of flight time. We hope that you sit back, and enjoy the flight. The fasten seatbelt sign is off, so feel free to get up and walk around the aircraft. We ask that you keep your belt fastened when in your seat. If there is anything we can do to make your flying experience more enjoyable please let one of the flight attendants know. So sit back, enjoy, and we will give you an update when we get a little closer to our destination.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Good luck with your flight and have a good 6 hours Wink

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Computer showing about 165 miles to the Manchester airport. We will be beginning our decent shortly, so if you need to use the bathroom or want to stretch your legs I'd estimate about 10 minutes until we turn the seatbelt sign on. We hope you enjoyed your flight with us, and hope you come back and fly with us real soon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Have a nice landing Wink

Decending to 3000 in rain and fog, visibility 1/4 mile.

I love ILS approaches.........

Pro Member Trainee
specops-snake Trainee

Question Did you make it?

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

By the way it sounds, looks like the flight is amazing. 6 hours is quite long. Hope you had a nice landing. Very Happy

Yes, nice landing in rain and fog. Very happy passengers.

How do people calculate flight time? Simple average speed diveded by distance?

I always get it wrong and then pay the penalty in fspas.

Pro Member Trainee
specops-snake Trainee

I'm not sure how to calculate it I just guess and im usually within 10 mins 20 sometimes. I expect their is a formula for this but be difficult becuase of traffic and atc holdups as well as taxing and other things.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Use the FS flight planner and get the ETE from the Flight Plan and add half an hour to that time and program that for FsP - I find it quite accurate that way Wink