SearchSearch 

help

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

My C drive went down last night, so I replaced with a new harddrive. I backed up my previous with Acronis, so I easily restored the C drive. But something happened, the frame rate dropes down to 3-5 fps at the same airport where I would get 24 fps with the previous HDD.....
Memory is still the same 1.5 GB, CPU is 3.0 GHz, virtual memory is 4 GB, everything else is the same as before. How come the framerate drop so much, really need help to fix it

15 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
mrtazzy Trainee

I have NO clue really. I would reinstall DirectX and see what happens.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

ok, updated DirectX, still the same 3.6 fps......so damn frustrating Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

You tell me i´ve been in the same situation once. Sorry for the inconveniente .

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Could be that your video card is not being accessed. Update the video card driver. Maybe windows is just using a default driver for your video card. Ensure that your card shows in the device manager without any conflicts.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

ok, I updated the ATI driver, resarted, still 3.5 fps...... any more idea?

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Why don´t you try, reproducing the fs9 with all the changes at minimum and then at max. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

the one thing i hate most about fs9 is slow frame rate.
it dose me head in big time!..
Mad

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Since you have updated your graphics card have you considered updating the drivers for you MOBO? Is the the drive IDE or SATA? That wasn't mentioned. Also, is the new drive the same or loarger than the one that crashed? Is the speed lower than the first one?

Sorry for all of the questions just trying to help.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Its PATA, maybe that is what the problem is. I think I am going to make an exchange for IDE, coz the previous one is IDE. The RPM is the same, 7200..
Size doesn't matter here because I use Acronis to restore the partition, so its the exactly the same partition as before. I didnt even it was not an IDE drive....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Do you mean SATA?
I dont know much but i think that your image has kept the data of your previous disk.
Speeds and interface with MOBO are different.
Personally if i had to change my H/D to a newer one ,even of the same technology (IDE),i would Format and install everything form the beggining.

Pro Member First Officer

We are on the same wave length here. Yeh...!!! My thoughts exactly. But there remains a problem if he bought the drive the store will probably not take it back because it has been formatted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

edr1073 wrote:

We are on the same wave length here. Yeh...!!! My thoughts exactly. But there remains a problem if he bought the drive the store will probably not take it back because it has been formatted.

Probably but anyway a format is always a good solution. 😉

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Do you mean SATA?
I dont know much but i think that your image has kept the data of your previous disk.
Speeds and interface with MOBO are different.
Personally if i had to change my H/D to a newer one ,even of the same technology (IDE),i would Format and install everything form the beggining.

It's PATA, P stands for Parallel, rather than S that stands for Serial.
I can't do a fresh install, I have tons of tons of addons, FS connected programs, if I do the fresh installation, its gonna take me a whole week....

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

edr1073 wrote:

They take back return products with no questions asked. That is one of the things I love America, 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Just be honest when you take it back. You mad an error on which kind you needed and let them know what you did to it. If it is undamaged then you should be ok. Usually here in the US if you take a product back before 15 days of purchase it isn't a problem. Some places for instance will charge a restocking fee. I know they do this and if they do it should be on the reciept. Hoepfully you will be ok though. Let us know how your are doing once you get your machine up and running.