Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

April 13, 2036, a bad day on Earth

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

Read this out of the newspaper.

Mark your calender for Sunday, April 13, 2036. That's when a 1,000 foot-wide asteroid named Apaphis could hit Earth with enough force to obliterate a small state.

A direct hit on urban area could unleash more destruction than Hurricane Katrina, the 2004 Asian tsunami and the 1906 San Francisco earthquake COMBINED!
------
This makes me feel so sad for what and who it hits Crying or Very sad . Although this may be a long time and some of you might be dead, lets pray for those who are alive at this time and let them have a safe one. God bless the Earth and everyone on it.

Don't be shy, the raptor is your freind.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

note the word "could" in the opening statement Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Oberkomando Chief Captain

Are you sure, because scientists always research on that and never say things like we are going to die, i donīt think a newspaper will alarm population like that. 2036 you say, well it is a long way to 2036. If this is truth and this meteor will crash enjoy the rest of life. Surprised

" Every manīs work is a portrait of himself"...Anonymous.

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

Well it says that it's a chance of 1-6,250 of getting hit but they said it was to big to ignore.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

2036?? That's if we survive 2019...

http://www.hypography.com/article.cfm?id=32541

Fear Fear Fear

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

well they did say it was most unlikely (2019)

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

i'll be back in like, six hours (school).

Pro Member Chief Captain

oreo005 wrote:

And 1 in 6,250 is likely Question Exclamation Question

Wink

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

if it was such a big thing then why have i not heard anything about it, if something like that was going to happen then everyone would be talking about it, im sorry but they are making it sound worse than what it is, millions of rocks fly past and hit the earth all the time, its not uncommon

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

oreo005 wrote:

And 1 in 6,250 is likely Question Exclamation Question

Wink

Yes it is. Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't worry. Bruce Willis will save us. Rolling Eyes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Well,I say Censored this all.I'm happy to live on earth,and I f we're gonna die,we can't do anything against it.I remember magazines saying things like"scientists agree,recent earthquakes prove that armaggedon is here!Test:Will you survive?" or otherwise "this week moon will collide with earth!".Well,I never noticed the moon colliding with earth,did you?remember ,even IFan asteroid would collide with earth,IF it doesn't change course,IF it doesn't burn up in our atmosphere,IF we have the 1 in 6,250 chance of it hitting earth,75% of earth is covered in water.now what are the chances of it killing humans?

Pro Member Chief Captain
99jolegg Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Well,I say Censored this all.I'm happy to live on earth,and I f we're gonna die,we can't do anything against it.I remember magazines saying things like"scientists agree,recent earthquakes prove that armaggedon is here!Test:Will you survive?" or otherwise "this week moon will collide with earth!".Well,I never noticed the moon colliding with earth,did you?remember ,even IFan asteroid would collide with earth,IF it doesn't change course,IF it doesn't burn up in our atmosphere,IF we have the 1 in 6,250 chance of it hitting earth,75% of earth is covered in water.now what are the chances of it killing humans?

I agree its all a load of rubbish, but if it hits oceans / seas, then it causes huge tidal waves which travel for hundreds of miles, which would kill the millions of people Wink

Click below to support FSF:

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

I agree its all a load of rubbish, but if it hits oceans / seas, then it causes huge tidal waves which travel for hundreds of miles, which would kill the millions of people Wink

Whoops... didn't think of that.take it all back!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah, Deep Impact is one of my fav films Laughing

2036 seems a long way off anyway, a lot could happen before then, a lot of people are worried about yellowstone exploding for example, or birdflu wiping out half of Europe. Worry about such events when they occur is my motto Wink [/i]

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Well, as I figure I have one chance in 6250 of making it till 2036, I'm disappointed. I would have loved to have front row seats to such an event. Laughing

CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines

Pro Member Chief Captain

Lets hope nothing of this hapens because i want to fy and sim till 2036 and more! Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Don't worry. Bruce Willis will save us. Rolling Eyes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/

Radar

ROFL ROFL ROFL Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

What number of Die Hard would it be Question ... Big Grin

Pro Member First Officer
jeffb57 First Officer

some of you probably wern't alive, but i remember sometime back in the 80s scientests talking about this huge meteor that was going to hit the earth and end it for sure. everyone panicked, but then scientests said it would miss the earth by a million miles

Pro Member Captain
NoWorries Captain

I'll believe it when I see it... Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If a big disaster ever comes be sure that none of us would never heard of it.... Wink

Last edited by Greekman72 on Mon May 15, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
NoWorries Captain

jeffb57 wrote:

some of you probably wern't alive, but i remember sometime back in the 80s scientests talking about this huge meteor that was going to hit the earth and end it for sure. everyone panicked, but then scientests said it would miss the earth by a million miles

You can't leave us hanging like that!!!!!

What happened? Did it hit the earth and kill everyone? Or did it miss?

Wink I remember a computer recreation of that one on the Discovery Channel, it came so close that it actually got sling-shotted around the Earth by gravity.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

If a big disaster ever comes be sure that none of us would never hear of it.... Wink

I think the same, should take all us by surprise, if not i donīt now what would i do Rolling Eyes , maybe hide in a bunker or something.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Oberkomando wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

If a big disaster ever comes be sure that none of us would never hear of it.... Wink

I think the same, should take all us by surprise, if not i donīt now what would i do Rolling Eyes , maybe hide in a bunker or something.

Relax Very Happy ...keep on flying and enjoy every moment of your life... Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Oberkomando wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Relax Very Happy ...keep on flying and enjoy every moment of your life... Exclamation

Thats how i live, day by day. Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

hms_endeavour wrote:

tsunami Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

i'd love so much to die by an astroid hitting earth. It would be the best way to die. As i am very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, intrested in space. It would be a great pleasure (i'm not saying i want to die). Well you havent heard of it because it's going to be in a very long time.

As for now, keep flying!

Pro Member Chief Captain

oreo005 wrote:

i'd love so much to die by an astroid hitting earth. It would be the best way to die. As i am very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, intrested in space. It would be a great pleasure (i'm not saying i want to die). Well you havent heard of it because it's going to be in a very long time.

As for now, keep flying!

Could be, or will?, anyway. Rolling Eyes

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

how would i know?!?!? I cant predict the future. lol

Pro Member First Officer
oreo005 First Officer

pilotwannabe, your new signiture will be hard to remember, i didn't even notice you!