Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

New Fs9 Scenery

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy Hi all
You may not know this but I quite enjoy a little holiday from time to time in Greece and spend my fs time flying in this area as there are loads of islands and long and short runways(very few with ILS so landing is allways a challenge)
Now I have been using 2002 scenery and the odd patched up version of various airports all very very good(I have them all), and recommend you check out Arrow

http://www.avsim.com/greece/hvacc/scenery/index.html

Fancy an hours flight? then d/load LGAV and LGSK(nice short runway)Oh and the mesh(default is very unreal)

Now the people behind that site have launched a new site dedicated to Fs9, with new fs9 d/loads(to be available very soon) Arrow

http://avsim.com/greece/scenery/index_main.htm

With Greece being the host of the 2004 Olympics I am sure you will see some of this fine country on TV

The original site had some dam fine scenery and cant wait for the new d/loads to come on line

TTT

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

As it happens I live on Kos (Ippokratis Intl. is the airport) and have flown in to Leros and a few other places you probably haven't heard of (by helicopter).

Tomthetank is right, it's a very scenic flight around the islands, small runways here and there, ILS heh... you kidding me? Razz Try it!

Take of from Rhodes (Rodos), draw a flight plan (whatever you like) over Kos, Kalimnos, Leros, Samos, turn in West towards Ikaria, even further in and north into the Cyclades, Mykonos, whatever and land in Athens (Eleftherios Venizelos Intl) in the evening. Short flight (or as long as you want to make it) and very pretty Smile

I'll check out the scenery, thanks! Anything else on greece would be much appreciated Smile

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

Very Happy Hi all

Tom, you get my PM the other day mate?

Dave

tony 1956 Guest

i use flight sim 2004 very nice greek isle ok but no real scenary yet
will let you know if i find any