Repainting aircraft: Using Adobe Photoshop Elements

NW06 Guest

Hi, I am new to repainting aircraft and was wondering if you can help me. I have downloaded blank templates for the aircraft I am attempting to repaint and have edited them using Adobe Photoshop elements. I have then flattened the edited templates and saved them with the same file name but in .bmp file format. I have then copied the edited templates to a textures file in the aircrafts file, and altered the aircrafts .cfg file to include this new variation. However when I select this variation, flight sim 2004 does not like it and closes again. This only happens once the template has been modified.

Any ideas to what i am doing wrong?

Nick

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I split you off from the other thread because it's not polite to hijack someone elses thread.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

NW06 wrote:

Hi, I am new to repainting aircraft and was wondering if you can help me. I have downloaded blank templates for the aircraft I am attempting to repaint and have edited them using Adobe Photoshop elements. I have then flattened the edited templates and saved them with the same file name but in .bmp file format. I have then copied the edited templates to a textures file in the aircrafts file, and altered the aircrafts .cfg file to include this new variation. However when I select this variation, flight sim 2004 does not like it and closes again. This only happens once the template has been modified.

Any ideas to what i am doing wrong?

Nick

Could be several reasons and without having a very detailed description of the process you are carrying out, it is difficult to help you.
A start would be
1. Include a print out of the Fltsim sections of your aircraft configuration file, in your next post.

2.Do you use DxtBmp.exe to save your texture files as extended bit maps?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

you need dxtbmp (a free download, search on google) to save in the correct bmp format. there are quite a few! flight sim likes 32bit (88😎 and DXT3 - both include alpha layers and use the full array of colours.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...