Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

LIMC ---> FAJS

WarrenStreet Guest

Currently flying over Central African Republic at 25,000 ft on a B747-400 Soar Line.

This is my first intercontinental fligth and I'm a bit anxiuos about the landing procedure as if I fail I will spoil the whole thing ( I will save the flight 10 mile aaway from the destination , just in case i bounched my ass on the landng strip Wink )

I have set the GPS approach and will activate it later, I do have to set the switch to GPS in order for the GPS approch to work, right?

I'll update u later

WS

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Have a great flight....and good luck with the landing Wink

Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Good luck with your flight and landing and yes, you do need to change it to GPS for the GPS approach to work Wink

warrenstreet Guest

Thanks guys,

Its amazing how early the sun sets at the equator, it's 18.00 in Congo and already dark

WarenStreet Guest

Just another dummy question about GPS approach.

Will the systema utomatically allineated the plane to the runaway and than it will be up to me to reduce spedd, hight flaps and everyhing else?

Is this correct?

Flying over Congo now.

Thankls a lot

WS

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes the GPS approach will align you laterally with the runway. You must control the height according to the ILS or visual cues along with speed / gear / flaps etc Wink

WarenStreet Guest

By "laterally" u mean i will probably have to move left or rigth a bit, but won't have to make a 90° turn to land?

WS

Pro Member Chief Captain

WarenStreet wrote:

By "laterally" u mean i will probably have to move left or rigth a bit, but won't have to make a 90° turn to land?

WS

If you use the AP for a GPS approach it will line you up nearly perfectly as long as there are no problems with the ILS beam alignment, but no, you won't need to make a large turn Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

Hpe all your flight ends fine, will a nice aproach and landing, so your passengers wount sue the company (Soar Ailenes). Laughing

Warrenstreet Guest

Hi folks,

I saved the flight yesterday night as I had to go out, futhermore I did non fancy at all the isea of landing at night, so I'm currently fliingover Congo, south along Lualaba river

I'll drop u a line when done

BTW is there a change to let the AP decrease the speed ad height diring the apporach, sort of autolanding porcedure? Though aligned wth the runaway it wont be easy to determine how fast decrease the height

WS

Warrenstreet Guest

Dear all,

I have landed almost safely at FAJS, thoug I have had several issue with the aoutapporch

I have activate the approach it in the GPS
The switch was turned to GPS, not NAV
100 miles away from the airport i have turned pon the app button
The plane crashed....

I than restarted the flight from the last save and approach it manually, everythign went almost fine.

Waht have I done wrong with the auto approach

Regards

Warrenstreet

Pro Member Chief Captain

Have you read this:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

If you have, then there are several "rules" you haven't quite adhered to.

Warrenstreet wrote:

Dear all,

I have activate the approach it in the GPS
The switch was turned to GPS, not NAV

If you are performing an ILS approach using the Autopilot, then the switch should be on NAV not GPS.

Warrenstreet wrote:

100 miles away from the airport i have turned pon the app button
The plane crashed....

100 miles out, is far, far too greater distance from the runway to hope to capture the localiser and glideslope. The ILS beam only stretches to about 10nm from the runway threshold so make sure you don't engage APP before you are 10nm or less out.

I suggest you have a quick read of the above post Wink

Warren street Guest

Dear all,

I have landed safely in FAJS

Only thing I did not manage to use the APP.

I loaded and activated the vectorial approach in the GPS
I switched to GPS (not NAV)
some 100 miles away from FAJS I pushed the APP button... the plane crashed.

What have I done wrong?

Regards

Pro Member Chief Captain

Umm... Did you read the post above yours...?