system temps

Pro Member Trainee
jimimac Trainee

my cpu temp at idle is 45 when i run fs9 it goes up to 49 i have two rear fans plus a side panel fan. i have a volcano 7 heatsink the cpu is a 2200xp athlon cpu the temp use too be about 46 but i have noticed a slight increase latetly are these temps ok or is there anything i can do to lower the temp down a bit, i forgot to mention the room where i have my pc does get warmer in the summer so maybe this accounts for the higher temp

jimimac

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A fan In front to take in the cool air and keeping your heatsink fan clean, that's about all you can do.
There is a fan that plugs into a PCI socket that I'm thinking of getting to put next to my video card. It has two fans that pump the hot air out of the bay.

A friend of mine had his a/c go out so he took the side panel off and put a regular house fan pointing at the innards of the tower until it was fixed.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Consider yourselves lucky! My damn thing runs at 49°C when doing SFA! If I actually ask it to work for a living it gets well over 55°C. Yes, I AM installing an extra fan!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try to get fans that aren't over 20 cfm, if they are your computer will sound like a vacuum cleaner.

One in the front and one in the rear should help quite a bit.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jimimac Trainee

i think 49 is not bad i will leave things as they are no more room for anymore fans

jimimac

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...