Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Hoover Dam Busting!

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

At the release point over Lake Mead:

Pulling away, No Joy, I repeat, No Joy.(military speak for "Oh darn, I missed. or Oh darn, the bomb didn't detonate")...

And before you freak out, I had authorization from LAX Center to fly over the lake...they understood it was for a screenshot. lol

P.S. Why is the lake so low? Granted I haven't flown over Lake Mead in a long time, but I've never seen it that low, in real life or in the game.

Pro Member First Officer
Ben (eagle3) First Officer

Probably becuase the people at microsoft are to lazy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Why are you bombing hoover dam?

Terrorist?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Interesting and original shots - nicely done 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Nice shots NoWorries 😉

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Why are you bombing hoover dam?

Terrorist?

If you don't know the story, you should really check it out, its Guy Gibson's 617 Dam Buster Squadron, dropping bombs designed by Barnes Wallace, without it, the war in Germany could have extended through '46, '47, or beyond. Their mission was nearly as effective as the Nuclear weapons used in Japan and killed nearly as many people.

I thought of posting this for a few reasons, which is quite coincidental, BTW. First of all, Stupid Gay Peter Jackasson has announced that he would like to redo the Dam Busters movie...which I agree, the original is TERRIBLE. But Jackasson ruined Kong...which was already great, so what is he going to do with an already horrible movie?

Anyways, I was thinking about that, and someone posted and asked about an Avro Lanc...and then the effort of trying to get the plane in the air(it's flight model is worthless, and the throttles are way miscalibrated) and talking LAX Center through what I wanted to do...then I ground looped it on take-off...anyways...artwork of the read ordeal:

I chose Hoover damn, because I have no idea where to look for the Mohne or Eder Dam...and it's up for grabs if Microsoft even put them in...considering both were blown to SMITHERINES!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Great innovation used by weapon developers for the 'Dam Busters' Squadron 👍

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

NoWorries wrote:

P.S. Why is the lake so low? Granted I haven't flown over Lake Mead in a long time, but I've never seen it that low, in real life or in the game.

The Southwest US is in a drought. Lake Mead has dropped around 150ft; Lake Powel is much worse.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I thought of posting this for a few reasons, which is quite coincidental, BTW. First of all, Stupid Gay Peter Jackasson has announced that he would like to redo the Dam Busters movie...which I agree, the original is TERRIBLE. But Jackasson ruined Kong...which was already great, so what is he going to do with an already horrible movie?

Surprised

I was going to say 'nice shots' untill I read that. IMO Pete Jackson is the man. He did an amazing job of King Kong, and his LOTR series weren't too bad either.

The original Dambusters movie was awesome, but if PJ re-created it, I'd for and see it for sure.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

If you don't know the story, you should really check it out, its Guy Gibson's 617 Dam Buster Squadron, dropping bombs designed by Barnes Wallace, without it, the war in Germany could have extended through '46, '47, or beyond. Their mission was nearly as effective as the Nuclear weapons used in Japan and killed nearly as many people.

Yeah but you were at HOOVER dam. Wink