Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What is a virtual airline and which one should I join??

What is a virtual airline?? I know that it is an organization that people join and fly in Flight Simulator 2004 to places that the airline tells you etc. But does it require you to play multiplayer (for some reason I can't get my multiplayer working). Which one would be most suitable for me?? I am 14 years old, for a start, which could probably limit it. My favourite plane to fly and the one that I am best at is the Boeing 737-400 (the default one) but I probably would be able to get used to other similar jets. I don't really like longhaul flights (I prefer flights that last about an hour). Also I would like to know in advance when a flight is (such as Heathrow -> Schipol, 737-400, 2 weeks from now, starting at 6pm). As I am 14, not only would I like a VA that accepts 14 year olds, but I would like one which has other teenagers in it (it doesn't necessarily have to be an all kid VA or anything, I just don't want it to be that I am the worst flyer there Wink). Also I would prefer if membership is free. Thank you

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

check this out www.freewebs.com/simonallen12, it a new va, we don't require you to fly multiplayer or anything. It would be a nice place for you to start. there is not many pilots just now but sign up and you are a founding member!

BTW i am 15, so you wont be the only teenager

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

Oh yes, you can fly anytime

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

Heres a great va for beginners: Alpha Blue. There is no age limit, you do not have to fly specific routes or fly a specific number of hours a month. It is easy going wich suits me.Look for me- I am the Cargo CEO. I would recommend ABA to anyone.
here is the site:
www.flyva.net/aba/aba

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

My first VA was www.flyukva.com

They taught me a lot about how VA's work so i'd recommend them. You have to fly the planes they provide though, working your way up form the Do328 all the way to the 747 Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

We do not require multiplayer or Vatsim flying, though Vatsim can be fun for those who like it.

We have hubs on most continents, but you are not locked into a single hub.
Flights range from GA thru airliners, military cargo, and even ferrying combat craft.

You can use our fleet or fly your favorite plane. You can even log training or checkout flights on weekends.

Main site: http://www.omega-air.org
Forums and galleries: http://www.omega-air.org/community

I would like to point out that those who join before June 1st are considered founding members and have the rank of mission commander. After that, you have to work your way up through the rangs from 1st Officer.

davidmac1 wrote:

check this out www.freewebs.com/simonallen12, it a new va, we don't require you to fly multiplayer or anything. It would be a nice place for you to start. there is not many pilots just now but sign up and you are a founding member!

BTW i am 15, so you wont be the only teenager

That sounds great... I'm going to join once I have a look around the site!! Smile

And here is a question about VATSIM... am I right in saying that it is ATC but it is people talking into mics, directing other planes??

Do you need to be playing multiplayer for it to work??

Do you get to see a radar and squawk codes and what the squawk codes mean (such as 9485 meaning Heathrow to De Gaulle, etc)

Another question about Vatsim, is it common to have teenagers on it??

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I think so....I used to use it didn't get on with it too well. The ratio of pilots to controllers isn't very good unfortunately Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I've heard a boy on vatsim, whose voice hasn't changed flying a 747 and doing darned well. Does that answer your question.

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

I've heard a boy on vatsim, whose voice hasn't changed flying a 747 and doing darned well. Does that answer your question.

The controller at SeaTac last night couldn't have been 13...he kept getting called Ma'am...when in doubt, read their name! His was John!

lenin wrote:

Heres a great va for beginners: Alpha Blue. There is no age limit, you do not have to fly specific routes or fly a specific number of hours a month. It is easy going wich suits me.Look for me- I am the Cargo CEO. I would recommend ABA to anyone.
here is the site:
www.flyva.net/aba/aba

Actually, that sounds like a really great VA.

I think I might join that instead.

I am really sorry davidmac1, but I like the way Alpha Blue is so easygoing, and that suits me as this will be my first VA

But I wish you luck with your VA, davidmac1, anyway Smile

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

thats fine, but i don't know what you mean by easy going

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

Oh, i just looked through the site. It was the tweety bird on the tail fin that swung you wasn't it? Damn, gets us every time!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sigh. all we have is that thing that looks like a circle that hit the ground too hard. Wink

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

cool, glad you decided to join alpha blue!!

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Hey crash I think I am going to jion your VA. Looks really good Cheers!
Do you guys fly project fokker?

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

fly what you want for omega

Pro Member Chief Captain

spitfiresrule wrote:

Hey crash I think I am going to jion your VA. Looks really good Cheers!
Do you guys fly project fokker?

We have both the 70 and 100 in Omega-Air livery...and others. You can also fly any plane appropriate for the mission being flown.