SearchSearch 

What do you fly most?

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

I'm sure this is not a new topic but I'm new and haven't seen it. We moved to New York from Florida about a year ago. I was given FS2004 in Florida but had never really had time to play with it. I just built a new computer out of spare, and new, parts and reinstalled FS2004 on it a couple of weeks ago. I have flown several small GA planes and took flying lessons to the point where I was soloing in C152s. Consequently I now fly the small GA planes almost exclusively in FS2004 although in the case of the Mooney and Dreamfleet A36 and Baron much nicer planes than I ever actually flew. I fly the typical trips a weekend pilot might fly. I finished the Private Pilot lessons in FS2004 and am working on the IFR lessons. I can see the challenge of flying the "heavys" and will probably take it on some day but for right now excursions more in liine with my real world experience is what I like to do. So, are all hard core simmers into strictly airline style operations or do some like putzing around low and slow with a big fan in front?

14 Responses

flightcheck Guest

I guess its all personal preference. Some people like GA and some like the airliners, and some like both depending on their moods or time of day. Thats the beauty of FS9, you can fly what you want, where you want 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Piper cub

And of course, the Canadair Regional Jet.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

GA.
Vintage.
Military Cargo.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Anything with wings 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Anything with wings 😉

😂 😂 😂

Then you have to try this ➡

animalsim1.zip

The only problem is that probably you cant set-up FSPax to it...Only Nils Holgerson manage to do it... 😉

http://www.tv-kult.de//?tvdbid=1310 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

😂 😂 😂

OK....maybe anything with wings and and comfy seat 😉

Seems a pretty cool download though...might consider it 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

😂 😂 😂

OK....maybe anything with wings and and comfy seat 😉

Seems a pretty cool download though...might consider it 😀

They are offer a whale too Idea ...And yes...it flies 😳 ❗ ... 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I fly either jets or GA. No military or vintage aircraft really.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i like the default learjet 45. i would like to try bigger bombardier's but the few i've download have been crap!

Guest Ed Guest

davidmac1 wrote:

i like the default learjet 45.

That is one of my favorites, too. I probably have more time in the Lear than anything else (twice around the world, for starters).

For low'n'slow, I like the Mooney and the Cessna 208s, or for mid-level cruising, the KingAir.

And I have spent quite a bit of time in the vintage aircraft, particularly the DC-3. And I did one long trip in the Piper (makes my butt sore just thinking about it 😉 ).

About the only thing I NEVER fly is airlines. I've spent enough time traveling on business to not consider riding an airline to be fun.

Ed

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

A cessna 172 Or a boeing 737. 😂 😂

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

Interesting replies. I just checked since I completely screwed up an instrument approach to Boeing Field. It may be that Laphroaig 15 year old scotch and instrument flying don't mix? Who knew? Although I do seem to remember the FAA frowns upon it. Thanks all.

Guest Ed Guest

wscott52 wrote:

Laphroaig 15 year old scotch and instrument flying don't mix?

Oh, definitely not. For flying, I strongly recommend Absolut vodka or any good VSOP cognac. Although beer is good for flying acrobatics.

Ed

Pro Member Trainee
chad_ryan86 Trainee

It all depends on what mood I'm in. I love the smaller propeller aircraft, but once in a while I feel like flying the Learjet. I don't fly anything bigger than the Learjet very often.