Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Who is Captain Dennison? I am Captain Dennison

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I do not post much in the forums. I regard them as a great place to find info on a problem, and a good place to become unpopular/popular, depending upon what you have to say.
Today I happened to be looking for info, and saw sevaral posts with my name mentioned. I gather I have somehow annoyed some of you.
So I thought I would take a second to make a short statement, and perhaps you might all better understand me and where I am coming from.
I happen to really dig the screenshots that EVERYONE posts. I like to see the variety of aircraft/weather/types of situations shot. For the most part everyone posts really nice stuff.
What I do not understand is why people look at the screenshots and fail to give them a critical rating or a comment.
I make my comments based stricktly on the quality of the shot. One person who seems to think I am negative and say bad things happens to be Cheek******,--Cheek, for your personal information, I usually give you very high ratings, you post really nice shots, I fail to understand the animosity you have towards me or my comments or ratings.

If someone posts a blurry shot with A/C labels or PAUSED on it--it just isn't going to score very well, and yes indeed I will say "Would have been a 9 without the labels".
I am NOT cutting that person down, but rather pointing out why it didn't get a high rating and how to improve on screenshots.

As for comments like "mmmmmm" or "????". To be honest this usually means its very marginal or lacking in some way but rather than saying something like "What Crap" I just put a generic something down.

Trust me--If I rate a screenshot as a 10--in MY opinion it is excellent and deserving--If I give something a 3--it needs work.

Lastly--I have MANY, MNAY screenshots posted here--check out FS2004 and also LOCKON.

I certainly am not goig to say I am superior in anyway to anyone, but I do post and I try to make intersting shots, or at least shots that I feel look nice.

Another person disapproved of my comments to "Pull the troops out of Iraq and nuke it" Well to me, taking the troops and bringing them home is SUPPORTING them. Sorry for the olitical comment!

I shall endevour to post more shots soon, however I ran out of room on my hard disk and have been in the process of rebuilding FS2004, and also flying for real takes up my time, but never fear--I will put some pics up, and you all can call them as you see them.

Finally, thanks to those who understood where I was coming from without explanation. I URGE everyone to participate, to vote and to comment on the screenshots posted.

Go to Avsim.com and search & download TWISTER.ZIP to see what I can do.

Capt. Dennison

Pro Member First Officer

Here is a screenshot from the ZIP file

Capt.Dennison

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I have read most of your comments and to be honest i agree with them, in the most part, but we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

I haven't seen any posts from you, but i agree that you should give people your true opinion, after all, they wouldn't post screenshots if they thought that everyone was going to lie and tell them that they were perfect

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Cap,
I've defended you before and I'd do it again.
I enjoy your comments about my (some say too many) screenshots in the gallery.
I find them to usually be "spot on" so continue critiquing mine if you will, I enjoy it.

By the way, excellent screen , it should be 800x600 for our non scrolling convenience and where did you get those magnificent trees!

See ya in the gallery!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Most of the time I happen to agree with your comments or at least see where you are coming from. Sometimes I think your comments are slightly pointless or unnecessarily tedious - like the common sarcastic comments about labels on the screenshot. To me, yes it would look better without them but a shot can still be an excellent shot even with small labels so I personally don't see it is a significant problem in most cases - but I suppose we all have our particular idiosyncrasies.

Just my opinion 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Hello Mr CaptDennison.

I agree with your comments 100%. Your comments about my pictures are just pure wonderfull, thank you.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Yea you're doing a great job Dennison. keep it going

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

enough with the 'ASCII' "------//" though eh? Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

Agree with you Cap... 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It should be no surprise that I agree with Captain Dennison Aircraft labels and Paused labels have no place in screen shots. In fact aircraft labels are unrealistic period. I think his comments in the screen shot gallery are generally on target. I don't know why CT was miffed at CD, and that is the opinion of CG. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Who is Captain Dennison?

He is the person who said this:

Nuke Iraq,Iran,Afghanastan...Why not?
I happen to think these countries are WORTHLESS and if it wasnt for thier oil supply, they would be dryhumping their camels right now.
If you are from one of these places-forgive the insults, but I pity you if you are.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Who is Captain Dennison?

I happen to think these countries are WORTHLESS and if it wasnt for thier oil supply, they would be dryhumping their camels right now.
If you are from one of these places-forgive the insults, but I pity you if you are.

I do agree with the comments (at least the ones I've seen) by Capt.Dennison in the screen shot section, but if that quote really is by him, then he really doesn't belong at a multi-cultural forum.. at least he should keep those thoughts to himself!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Who is Captain Dennison?

Do you have the URL for that quote?

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Do you have the URL for that quote?

Captain D. actually repeatedly PM'ed me, trying to justify his remarks in the Gallery.

I asked him not to keep PM'ing me and deleted his messages, although I forwarded the particular message with racist content to the admin and still have the sent letter in my sentbox. After that, I stopped receiving messages from him.

If you don't believe me, just ask Denny himself, I don't think he will deny it as he obviously feels quite passionately on the subject.

Pro Member First Officer

I originally posted to explain why I post comments and rate screenshots. I see Cheektrolley has decided to drag this into the sewer suggesting I am some sort of bigot? Well for those interested, please have Cheecktrolley explain why he has on his website links to "HUMOR" named Silger-1 Your a Jew

Silger-2 ...because your black

Andy, most high and mighty rocktossers live in glass houses.

Capt. Dennison

PS-I did Send Cheecktrolley a couple of PM's--mainly because he sent me a rather nasty one first, to whcih I asked why, than another one to tell him not to PM me.---again, this is EXACTLY why i dont post much in the forums.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well for those interested, please have Cheecktrolley explain why he has on his website links to "HUMOR" named Silger-1 Your a Jew

Silger-2 ...because your black

They are recordings from our teacher at school. Listen to them, they are not racist. You proberly would not understand the "HUMOR" as you didn't attend my school.

PS-I did Send Cheecktrolley a couple of PM's--mainly because he sent me a rather nasty one first,

That is a complete lie! You sent all the PM's first, and with the content of them, I obviously retaliated.

🙄 Why are we having this argument?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Enough! Locked!

Radar