No Direct X 10 support for Win XP

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Looks like even more money to shell out. 🙄

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

😕 They just want money.Greedy.At least it was already my plan to run vista.The thing that worries me,is that FSX will take directx10,and if that only runs on vista,in other words,that means you WILL need vista for fsx.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Thanks WM, I had been wondering about that. Looks like many of us will soon be full time vista beta-testers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

😕 They just want money.Greedy.At least it was already my plan to run vista.The thing that worries me,is that FSX will take directx10,and if that only runs on vista,in other words,that means you WILL need vista for fsx.

Now, now. I'm a Microsoft stockholder, but to put things in perspective, have you considered that DirectX10 needs hooks into the OS tha XP can't provide?

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

What? direct X 10?, and is it only for Vista?...
That is not cool at all 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Now, now. I'm a Microsoft stockholder, but to put things in perspective, have you considered that DirectX10 needs hooks into the OS tha XP can't provide?

If you belive that DX 10 could not be ported over to XP,then I guess that the world is realy flat 😉

MS is in the money making business and it seems to be doing OK.World domination for Bill and MS ? I dont think so,keep your eye out for new operating systems from some unexpected companies
The above is still bad news for gamers as these new O/S will probably not support high end games for some time

Greed will kill off MS 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The other possibility is that the article above is nothing but FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt).

Until it all plays out, we won't know.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...