Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

No Direct X 10 support for Win XP

Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

Looks like even more money to shell out. Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Confused They just want money.Greedy.At least it was already my plan to run vista.The thing that worries me,is that FSX will take directx10,and if that only runs on vista,in other words,that means you WILL need vista for fsx.

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Thanks WM, I had been wondering about that. Looks like many of us will soon be full time vista beta-testers.

Radio K.A.O.S.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Confused They just want money.Greedy.At least it was already my plan to run vista.The thing that worries me,is that FSX will take directx10,and if that only runs on vista,in other words,that means you WILL need vista for fsx.

Now, now. I'm a Microsoft stockholder, but to put things in perspective, have you considered that DirectX10 needs hooks into the OS tha XP can't provide?

CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines

Pro Member Chief Captain
Oberkomando Chief Captain

What? direct X 10?, and is it only for Vista?...
That is not cool at all Confused

" Every manīs work is a portrait of himself"...Anonymous.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Now, now. I'm a Microsoft stockholder, but to put things in perspective, have you considered that DirectX10 needs hooks into the OS tha XP can't provide?

If you belive that DX 10 could not be ported over to XP,then I guess that the world is realy flat Wink

MS is in the money making business and it seems to be doing OK.World domination for Bill and MS ? I dont think so,keep your eye out for new operating systems from some unexpected companies
The above is still bad news for gamers as these new O/S will probably not support high end games for some time

Greed will kill off MS Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The other possibility is that the article above is nothing but FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt).

Until it all plays out, we won't know.

CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines