Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

VOZ 1.2 is now available!

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hundreds of new airports. Countless new scenery objects. Complete new cities, harbours, towns and some incredibly detailed airfields. Plus 4 seasons for the SE region to usher in Autumn and Winter in all their glory. The update everyone is talking about is finally here!

Download here: http://vistaoz.org/downloads3.html

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Dare I ask if it still messes with the FS splash screen? If it doesn't I might give it a try, but if it still does that, I'll stay away.

I'd ask on their forum, but I am temporarily banned from it until 2033. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Just out of interest....how do you get rid of their splachscreen. It's starting to bug me 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Just out of interest....how do you get rid of their splachscreen. It's starting to bug me 😉

Since VOZ changes splash screens depending on which area is VOZ'd or unVOZ'd, you have to find all of theirs and overwrite them with the original. Then, you will always have the same screen.

I don't even want to think what will happen if other scenery developers do the same thing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Go into your FS.CFG file and find the following

[STARTUP]
DEMO=0
LOADSIM=1
LOADWINDOW=1
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1 <<<Change this to 0>>>>
STARTUP_DEMO=

That should change your splashscreen.

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Thanks Liono 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

pilotwannabe wrote:

Go into your FS.CFG file and find the following

[STARTUP]
DEMO=0
LOADSIM=1
LOADWINDOW=1
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1 <<<Change this to 0>>>>
STARTUP_DEMO=

That should change your splashscreen.

Liono

Won't that just not display any splash screen?

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Won't that just not display any splash screen?

That's correct Crash.

If you want to delete any splash screen goto the Uires folder in the FS9 directory. Look for the following file Dlgsplash. That's the orignal splash screen when you first install FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

🙄 As we have already discussed, there are 2 fixes (now 3 including Liono's) for your VOZ splashscreen complaint:

Use the "Splash Screen Randomizer" that I use mate. It lets you select your own screens (including the default one) to be displayed when you start the program, which by-passes the VOZ screen. Instead of clicking the "fly" button in the switcher after you have VOZ'ed, click the shortcut to the exe file from the small program which you can download here: http://www.wspilots.com///?page=4&action=file&file_id=1121

Another solution to bypass the VOZ splashing screens is just by going into your main FS9 folder/VOZ/SPLASH/CENTRAL and NORTH and SOUTH and WEST and replace all the "dlgsplash.bmp" files with the default one from your FS9 directory/Uires folder!

As for your original question, yes VOZ 1.2 still uses it's own splashscreens, not that I ever see them, because it is an addon to VOZ 1.1, not a standalone package.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Just installed VOZ1.2...excellent scenery package - a lot more realistic and good looking 😳 👍

Guest Guest

For Censored sake you bunch of Censored ! Still complaining about a #&$^#$&^ splash screen after all this time? You seriously are a bunch of Censored who deserve to miss out on the best freeware ever created. I thought this was put to bed months ago and here you guys are still Censored and Censored like a bunch of old Censored about a splash screen???????

It's a good thing VOZ banned you from their forums, because if anyone is still harping on about such an insignificant minor issue which now has 3-4 fixes for it, then they really need to get out the house and walk the dog instead of being such Censored about it.

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

For Censored sake you bunch of Censored ! Still complaining about a #&$^#$&^ splash screen after all this time? You seriously are a bunch of Censored who deserve to miss out on the best freeware ever created. I thought this was put to bed months ago and here you guys are still Censored and Censored like a bunch of old Censored about a splash screen???????

It's a good thing VOZ banned you from their forums, because if anyone is still harping on about such an insignificant minor issue which now has 3-4 fixes for it, then they really need to get out the house and walk the dog instead of being such Censored about it.

Censored By Radar

One of our more civilized guests. 🙄

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

easy there, guest guy 😳
Did not realize your mom wrote the program!!!

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

Since you were so pleasant, I'll respond. The best freeware would not require you to switch textures to fly between areas of a single country. The best freeware would not add those textures to parts of the world where they have no business being. The best freeware would improve scenery without tampering with other parts of FS.

Now, since the best it seems you can do, is to call people names, I'd recommend that you consider the fact the the purpose of a scenery enhancement is to enhance scenery and nothing more.

By the way, if it was deemed to be such a wonderful feature, why did it need "3-4 fixes"?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry, Radarman, but it seems I quoted his unedited post before you cleansed it. I have no objection it you edit the quoted portion in my post accordingly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Sorry, Radarman, but it seems I quoted his unedited post before you cleansed it. I have no objection it you edit the quoted portion in my post accordingly.

Not a problem.
If you notice we let him post here and we don't ban or delete his post.
But...we have young people and nice ladies as members and guests who don't have to be subjected to a foul mouth such as that.
You are all better off not posting at a forum that allows such a person as a member.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Not a problem.
If you notice we let him post here and we don't ban or delete his post.
But...we have young people and nice ladies as members and guests who don't have to be subjected to a foul mouth such as that.
You are all better off not posting at a forum that allows such a person as a member.

Radar

To be fair, when I posted on their forum that I didn't think much of their addon's splash screen altering "feature", I don't think they were prepared for a negative opinion about something they thought was so cool. After about a day of being called a variety of things, the meaning of which were known only in Australia, I PM'd their deity, Koorby, and requested that I be removed from their forum. When I checked a few hours later, I found that rather than having been removed, I was temporarily suspended until 2033. That was the biggest laugh I got had that day.

Pro Member Chief Captain

It occurs to me that some people still feel I'm being unnecessarily cruel to VOZ, so think about this.

I create new scenery for the US which I divide into 4 quadrants with features appropriate for those areas.

You install my software. You start your flight at Miami and the area is lush with palm trees, etc. You arrive in New York/Toronto/London/Stockhom and the area is still lush with palm trees. Maybe you can live with that since you can't chnge areas in mid-flight.

Now, you discover that every time you start FS, it plays Stars and Stripes Forever.

Now maybe you will understand why I don't like the idea of placing regional brands on FS. Yes, there are a number of ways to eliminate the splash screen VOZ produces, but the very concept of placing a regional brand on the whole of FS is wrong...and insulting to others.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I read through the original thread where you graced VOZ with your presence ( :rofl🙂 and I understand your point, that scenery developers don't have the right to change the default splash screen, just because you installed their scenery - they should at least have the option for that feature. I also agree that if every scenery developer did that, then yes, it would be chaotic. Although, from what I gather, they have released a beta patch that stops the new splash screen from appearing and have issued notices on how to change back to the default splash screen (I know you're probably thinking "well I shouldn't have to"), but then as I always do say with these trivial matters: does it really matter? I mean in the grand scheme of things? Its certainly not the first time you've made a mountain out of a mole hill.

Just my respectful opinion 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

By itself, it isn't a big problem, but if others do the same thing, it will become a big problem. Without enough negative buzz about the proactice, other developers might take the same path.

It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. 😉

By the way, Jolegg, your response was reasoned and logical.

HappyVOZUser Guest

Is the Splash Screen Soap Opera still running? I thought it stopped after Episode 1 when Gordon crashed after being cut down a peg or two by Koorby.

How amusing this all is.... I think they have about 60,000+ users download it each new release and their forums seems to be void of any "splashophobia" which seems to have infected this place recently. And I think the devs explained the splash screens were not their idea but requested by users. Go figure.

Oh, and if you use a product like BEV and create a tropical theme using their switcher and then fly from Miami to Seattle - guess what? Palm trees and topical buildings appear all over Redmond .... hmmm, and BEV is payware? OMG!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

HappyVOZUser wrote:

Is the Splash Screen Soap Opera still running? I thought it stopped after Episode 1 when Gordon crashed after being cut down a peg or two by Koorby.

How amusing this all is.... I think they have about 60,000+ users download it each new release and their forums seems to be void of any "splashophobia" which seems to have infected this place recently. And I think the devs explained the splash screens were not their idea but requested by users. Go figure.

Oh, and if you use a product like BEV and create a tropical theme using their switcher and then fly from Miami to Seattle - guess what? Palm trees and topical buildings appear all over Redmond .... hmmm, and BEV is payware? OMG!!!

Since you wanted this thread resurrected. I am glad to oblige.

First, Koorby, despite what his worshipers think, isn't capable of cutting me down.

Second, according to posts on the VOZ forum, you are correct that the splash screen was requested by certain users. Are those users still singing Australia Über Alles?

Third, just because a payware product stupidly changes scenery outside the area it is designed for, doesn't make it a logical thing to do. Thousands of scenery addons have figured out how to confine their changes to the area intended. It is unfortunate that the VOZ programmers haven't gotten to that level of competence.

Fourth, since you are obviously too cheap to join, or too cowardly to identify yourself, your comments about, "this place" are Horse

Note to others who are contemplating putting their own nationalistic imprimatur on FS: You may expect a similar response from me. FS is designed to be an international product. It is not an Australian product, a US product, a British product or a Tanzanian product.

Pro Member Chief Captain

HappyVOZUser wrote:

Is the Splash Screen Soap Opera still running?

It wasn't until you bought it up again.

HappyVOZUser Guest

Thousands of scenery addons have figured out how to confine their changes to the area intended. It is unfortunate that the VOZ programmers haven't gotten to that level of competence.

Thousands of addons? Oh dear ... I presume you mean several dozen perhaps? For example, scenery addons that cover a local geographical area like Misty Fjords, FZ01 and others? I can understand for such localised areas that devs have complete control of the autogen content and thus annotate accordingly. (Something you may not be aware, that takes an incredible amount of time per square mile, the very reason Microsoft chose not to do it by hand for FS2004 themselves)

But you sir, show your complete ignorance about FS2004 when you consider that the goals of products like VOZ, GE2006, BEV and FScene and others intend to be a generic texture and autogen replacement for whole continents (in some cases, the entire planet), and that their sales/downloads success underscores the fact that users have enough intelligence to realise the scope of what they try to achieve with such products.

Anyone doing transcontinental or international flights at the FL's is wasting time with ground texture and autogen addons anyway, since they mainly focus in IFR flying and not palm trees at JFK. In fact, the VOZ manual clearly advises against "big iron" flyers using VOZ since their goal is to provide the best realism for low and slow GA flights - a point which is clearly missed on you, given your Miami-JFK example.

Your articulate use of the Queen's english seems to be wasted upon ignorant assumptions about the use of VOZ. Personally, I think VOZ is better for not having people like you using it. You seem to be drowning in your own sense of self importance but your lack of understanding of the basic principles of scenery design seem to highlight your insecurities.

And anonimity is the choice and right of many. I presume your real name is also Crash, Mr. Gordon? Unfortunate choice by your parents. Don't lecture me about cowardice 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

HappyVOZUser wrote:

Thousands of scenery addons have figured out how to confine their changes to the area intended. It is unfortunate that the VOZ programmers haven't gotten to that level of competence.

Thousands of addons? Oh dear ... I presume you mean several dozen perhaps? For example, scenery addons that cover a local geographical area like Misty Fjords, FZ01 and others? I can understand for such localised areas that devs have complete control of the autogen content and thus annotate accordingly. (Something you may not be aware, that takes an incredible amount of time per square mile, the very reason Microsoft chose not to do it by hand for FS2004 themselves)

But you sir, show your complete ignorance about FS2004 when you consider that the goals of products like VOZ, GE2006, BEV and FScene and others intend to be a generic texture and autogen replacement for whole continents (in some cases, the entire planet), and that their sales/downloads success underscores the fact that users have enough intelligence to realise the scope of what they try to achieve with such products.

Anyone doing transcontinental or international flights at the FL's is wasting time with ground texture and autogen addons anyway, since they mainly focus in IFR flying and not palm trees at JFK. In fact, the VOZ manual clearly advises against "big iron" flyers using VOZ since their goal is to provide the best realism for low and slow GA flights - a point which is clearly missed on you, given your Miami-JFK example.

Your articulate use of the Queen's english seems to be wasted upon ignorant assumptions about the use of VOZ. Personally, I think VOZ is better for not having people like you using it. You seem to be drowning in your own sense of self importance but your lack of understanding of the basic principles of scenery design seem to highlight your insecurities.

And anonimity is the choice and right of many. I presume your real name is also Crash, Mr. Gordon? Unfortunate choice by your parents. Don't lecture me about cowardice 🙂

First, I am sorry that your eyesight is so poor. My name is clearly in my signature. Should I increase its size to accommodate your lack of vision? When it comes to anonymity, you can play Wizard of (dare I say it) Oz, all you want. I am not impressed with the man behind the curtain.

Second, I speak US english which only remotely resembles that of the Queen.

Third, I routinely fly low and slow from KMIA to KJFK or KLAX to KSEA, or OLBA to LGRD.

Fourth, when it comes to drowning in self-importance, what is it called? Oh, I remember, it's Koorbygen.

Fifth, the reason for the popularity of the software you mentioned is that it is either free or relatively inexpensive and takes up less disk space and resources than photoreal scenery.

Now, if you wish to continue, that is fine with me. I will be here until some moderator wisely decides to lock this thread.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the VOZ forum requires registration even to read their forums. You couldn't hide behind anonymity over there.