SearchSearch 

Help.... Question

Hey every1 😀

Sometimes when i land at airports, when you touch down, the control tower should say contact ground on ............... and taxi to the gate ........... but it dont lol, am i doing something wrong???

Can some1 help me 😀

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Have you made sure that the entire aircraft is off the runway and beyond the double yellow line on the taxi way? ATC will then acknowledge that you are in for Ground Contact. If it doesn't happen at all, then I'm not too sure as to your problem 😕

😉

once i land and off the runway still nothing happens

Its not all the time it happens but when it does i cant do anything cos i cant contact the ATC so i just gotta start a new flight

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

What airport?
Does it have a tower?
🙂

CRJCapt wrote:

What airport?
Does it have a tower?
🙂

yh it does have a tower, the airports are gran canaria, and its Alicante

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Did you firstly communicate with Tower asking for permission?If you dont silence is the result. 😉

You are not always ordered to turn next-taxiway if the airport is small,or also you must have notice that you dont have the choice Taxi to Parkingall the times.This happens if the parking is full or if there is no Parking at all.

Greekman72 wrote:

Did you firstly communicate with Tower asking for permission?If you dont silence is the result. 😉

You are not always ordered to turn next-taxiway if the airport is small,or also you must have notice that you dont have the choice Taxi to Parkingall the times.This happens if the parking is full or if there is no Parking at all.

yh i did communicate with the tower, i was cleared to land,

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Just tried it at gran canaria. Worked fine. I don't know why it would be intermittent for you. I had the ATC window open the whole time. I was cleared to land and told to contact ground control after exiting the runway. As written above, exit the runway completely. Dont Know

I'll try it again and i will let you know 😀

Thanks for your help

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Gran Canaria......some distance from Alicante isn't it?