Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Are British Airways much better than Easyjet

BA A320 CPTFord Guest

I want to get peoples opinon on a survey i am conducting for my college,
The survey is entitled;
'Which is the Best British Airline Company?'

So far i have narrowed it down to just Ba And Easyjet.

But i want you to give your opinon even if you are reading this as it will contribute more to my coursework.

Thank you very much

Chris Ford
ESC

BA A320 CPTFord Guest

IF you have anything to suggest for helping me with this research please e-mail me at;
Cptford05@Yahoo.co.uk

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Depends what you want. If you need cheap travel, you would go with EasyJet. I've used them a few times: you pay very little, and it's worth exactly that Cool

Pay more, and BA will treat you the way most people would treat their dog. In the case of EasyJet, they'll treat you the way most people would treat a sewer rat.

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

BA over easyjet anyday. I also recommend BMI and BMI Baby.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Jamier wrote:

BA over easyjet anyday. I also recommend BMI and BMI Baby.

COMPLETELY AGREE!

There is no comparison with British Airways and EasyJet - I'm sorry. Wink

BA is BY FAR one of the best British Airliner!!! Exclamation Exclamation

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

How do you define Britain?

England?

United Kingdom?

Great Britain?

British Isles?

I chose British Isles and say Ryanair. Cool

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

this is somewhat off topic... seeing that I know nothing about any European airlines..

..but what airlines here in the US do you think are most comparable to their "European counterparts"?

for example.. i think American Airlines and British Airways kinda reflect each other from their respective sides of "the pond".

..another one.. do you think Southwest Airlines is comarable to EasyJet?
...I only say that because they're both "discount carriers" .. and they both have that TV show about them "Airline" .. and "Airline UK".

..im not favoring anything here, just trying to get interesting feedback Wink Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

I chose British Isles and say Ryanair. Cool

Ryanair are Irish, i.e. from a completely different country. Its only Northern Ireland that is part of the British Isles Wink

I choose BA also over EZY. Wink

BA A320 CPTFord Guest

This is Going great for my research thanks to those people that have replied.
But i would still like some more information from more people

Also I Do agree that American Airlines and British Airways Reflect and as some as you know they botrh part of the One World Alliance

But please keep posting your replies or do E-mail

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I think its very hard to compare a low cost carrier with a full service one. It's like comparing a rock band with a classical one. Whilst low cost carriers are great for short routes whereby ammenities aren't needed, on longer sectors people will be prepatred to pay a liitle more money for a bit of entertainment to keep the kiddies amused. Wink

If I were to buy a ticket from London to Paris i'd go with easyjet but on a flight to moscow i'd have too choose BA for something to eat. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

Id also like ot add i think BMI Baby are a much better low cost carrier than EZY! Ive flown with easyjet many times and BMI as well and ive got to say the BMI Baby crews are much more friendlier and they are more frequently on time!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I would have said BA is a lot better than Easy Jet and most other British Airlines except maybe Virgin Atlantic. As someone has already said, it is very hard to compare a budget airline and a long haul airline as they are aiming at completely different target markets with completely different needs.

One reason BA are more highly regarded is because they have enough money to throw at any project they'd like to introduce and they can afford not make as much a profit on a flight as a sacrifice to customer satisfaction - and of course, if BA ever get into any trouble, the British Government doesn't hesitate in giving them a few more millions just for the fact that they are a British icon (much to the annoyance of other airlines).

BA aren't only highly regarded for passengers, but also by employees as well - work for them and you will be treated well, including in terms of a salary. (A Captain of a 747 working for BA for over 12 years is looking at earning around 140,000 / $262,668)

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

[quote (A Captain of a 747 working for BA for over 12 years is looking at earning around 140,000 / $262,668)[/quote]

you get 100,000 for being a ryanair captain!

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

BA anyday!!!

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i have never fly with easyjet, but looking at the tv program "airline" has put me off considering them. i have, however flew with BA and they were great!

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee