Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

ATC question

im new to fs, i was wondering when you take off you got 3 options with the ATC which are:

1. Request full stop landing
2. Request Airport direction
3. Cancel landing intentions

Which 1 do i have to chose?

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Well it depends on what your intentions are. If just wanna fly around then you should choose the option "cancel landing intentions".

If you could tell me what you'd like to do i.e. fly to another airport, fly around and then land at the same airport etc I could probably be of more help 😉

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

The ATC option you choose depends on what you want to do. You also get a different set of options depending on whether you are flying VFR or IFR.

The obvious VFR ones that come to mind are -

Flight Following - ATC will generally keep an eye on you and make sure you aren't accidentally about to land in Uzbekistan

Touch and Go - You land and immediately take off again, for practice

Full stop - land and stay at tha airport

Cancel - you've already asked to land, but changed your mind

If you pass from one ATC area to another, the options may change, and the learning centre has a decent explanation of FS ATC.

As pilotwannbe said, if you can tell us what you want to do, we can probably help more.

pilotwannabe wrote:

Well it depends on what your intentions are. If just wanna fly around then you should choose the option "cancel landing intentions".

If you could tell me what you'd like to do i.e. fly to another airport, fly around and then land at the same airport etc I could probably be of more help 😉

Sorry if i didnt explain properly 🙂

i mean airprt 2 airport, eg Manchester to alicante,

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

By the options your getting it seems your flying VFR. For this sort of route i'd fly IFR. You can select this option using the "flight planning" tool found on the "create a flight" page. If you do this ATC will instruct you on how you should be flying. Heading, altitude etc. Try this and see how you go on. 😉

pilotwannabe wrote:

By the options your getting it seems your flying VFR. For this sort of route i'd fly IFR. You can select this option using the "flight planning" tool found on the "create a flight" page. If you do this ATC will instruct you on how you should be flying. Heading, altitude etc. Try this and see how you go on. 😉

yes its worked Thank you very much for your help 😀