SearchSearch 

How do I get the downloads to work?

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

😀

I downloaded stuff that I wanted lastnight for FS2002, a legitement copy. I have Win2K O/S w SP 6, 30 gb hdd, 1 gb of mem, 128 mb ATI graphics card, and a pent 4 2.66 ghz processor. I put them in microsoft games under aircraft. But I di open them in their own place on the hdd first then moved them into FS2002.

Does anybody have anything that could help me?

Thank you,

27 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 What have you d/loaded?

TTT

Pro Member First Officer

tomthetank,

Thanks for asking. I downloaded Airforce One, FA18B, Smkoe for 737 and RJ145.

Pro Member First Officer

TTT,

I aslo forgot to mention that I did unzip everything to including the files inside for each of them.

Thank you,
😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ok
Where did you d/load each one from (I will have d/l myself)

TTT

Pro Member First Officer

TTT,

From the selections within Fly Away. 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps you, if not tell us what happened.
Be certain that they are for 2002, not any other edition.

You can get the trial one at WinZip it's the best you can use and the You need WinZip to unzip the folders.
trial will last for years.

I think I know what you are asking but I try answering two ways.
One, If you cannot find your downloads to "unzip" them, send them to "My Computer", "My Briefcase" or even to "Desktop".
You can enter them from any of those areas.
I download to a folder that I have in "My Briefcase" it's just handy for me that way.
Installing.
Ok,
I do it a more complicated way, but it works.
Make certain you have a full aircraft not just textures.

Unzip the file and now it's in it's own little window, you work from there. Dump the jpgs.

dblc=double-click

dblc on "My Computer"
dblc on The "C" drive icon.
dblc on "Program files"
dblc on "Microsoft Games".
dblc on "Flight Simulator.

Now you have all the folders laid out in front of you.
Follow the directions in the read-me that came with the aircraft.
Put the gauges in the gauge folder.
Put the effects in the effects folder.
Put the aircraft in the aircraft folder; make certain it has the correct name of the plane.

Now go crash land like I do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

😎
Radar Man,

I have the full version of Win Zip. I have done what you have said. I am thinking since I have them on my hdd should I just delete them from withinh FS2002 and re zip them to the correct destination?

Thank you,

Pro Member First Officer

Radar Man, TTT,

I just looked at the structure of the imbedded aircraft and everything that I put in is identical to the imbedded ones. And yes I have done a rebooted by computer? HMM? Please make any suggestions that you may think of.

😎
Thank you,

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know if this applies to you but it's worth a try.

The most common reason for this is that the planes aren't compatible with FS2002. Aircraft designed for FS98 or before usually won't run under FS2002 - you can check this by looking up the version of the sim the plane was designed for in its readme. A second reason why a plane may not load is that you are running Windows XP or 2000 and the aircraft has a corrupt mdl file - you can sometimes fix this using a freeware utility called mdrepair.zip, but if this doesn't work, the plane isn't usable.

Or I would try another download of the same aircraft at another site.

Do any aircraft that you have loaded show up?

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

RadarMan,

No they don't showup. When I look into the readme it doesn't say anything about compatability. I specifically downloaded the ones for FS2002.

Thank you,
😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... Ive managed to get Airforce 1 to fly(I have not had much luck with the panel thou)
The read me file says its a fs2000 aircraft

Do'es it show up in the window when you choose aircraft?(on mine its shows as a cessna but it loads as a 747??)

Try using the aircraft editor tool
As for the panel I would copy the default one into the folder

TTT

Pro Member First Officer

TTT,

What or where is the editor tool? I have never heard of that one. I will re open FS2002 and let you know.

Thank you,

😎

Pro Member First Officer

TTT,

I re-opened FS2002 and nothing is as it is for you???? Maybe these are junk files or a joke? I re-un zipped everything into files from where I downloaded them to thinking that if I un-zipped them into Microsoft Games, Air Craft and went from there it would work???? Oh no it didn't.

Thank you,
😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... I dont know if its in all fs2000(mine is fs2000pro)
If its there it will be in your fs2000 root folder
Click

My computer
Local disc
Programs
Microsoft games
Fs2000
Now scroll down past all the fs folders and if its there it will be a little icon with fs edit in it.Just D/click that and then scroll down through the aircraft untill you find it

Have a look and let us know

TTT

Pro Member First Officer

TTT,

Here is a screen shot of the FS2002 folder I hope that you can see it. I also searched my entire C:\ for the editor tool. Is it missing from my 3 CD's maybe? And so far thank you again for sticking with me.
Well I guess it won't paste sorry.

Ed
😎 ❓ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Maybe you have fs2000 std edition(Im guessing here as Im not sure what was different between the pro and std editions,I thought it was only the Gmax tools)
Try the Windows search.........for fsedit
If you've got it, that should flush it out

TTT

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, I just noticed you have 2002 not 2004.

http://www.scenery.org/tutorials_fs2k2_SDK.htm

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

radarman,

I have downloaded it and unzipped it only has two file they are, FSEDIT.sdkFS2002.doc and FSEDIT.sdk.zip, oh and EULA.doc. It doesn't appear that I got the utility.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Ed
❓ ❓ ❗ ❗ 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

Radarman,

Thanks again. I downloaded it and placed it IAW the driections and it still has documents and no utility???? I am a bit confused. Is this supposed to be a document or a utility to render new acraft???

🙄 🙄 😉 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry just came back from a nice long dinner out. Burp!

I've never used this but after a very quick skim of it I think that it is only a tutorial on how to...

It doesn't look as if there is a utility, you are the utility.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Radarman,

Yes that is what it looks like to me too. Well thanks anway. If you see anything please revive the thread and let me know, I am going to keep looking too,

Ed Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ed,
I'll keep my eyes open it seems to be interesting to me also, a little too much work. 🙄
I didn't get into this to redesign anything, especially with a tutorial 20 pages long.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

radarman,

I appreciate that. I agree with the instructions wouldn't a point and click be a hole lot easier?
Especially to add features and aircraft?
Thank you,

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ed,
I'd like to see "options", "options" not "editing", "editing". The continual re-editing of aircraft texture add-on's, config. files etc. gets to be a little "old" after a while.
I appreciate the fact that all of these people (designers) are kind enough to make different extras available to us but MS makes their addition to the sim as difficult as they can possibly think off.
Tiring, after a while I just leave well enough alone and do without.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

😂

radarman,

I agree just point and click.
Thanks,
Ed