Flight sim X on X1900 XT or XT-X GPU?

Pro Member Trainee
darrensen Trainee

Hi all,

As some of you know from previous posts, i am thinking of buying an Apple Mac.

Apple are due to release the Intel Desktop (most power machine in their range) this Aug. I'm 99% sure they include the option of upgrading to either the X1900 XT-X or XT.

As i'll be running Windows as a partition on this system, this will enable me to play FSX. But i know that FSX has been designed for DirectX10 GPU's that have not been released yet.

So my question is, do you think i'll get fairly good results from the GPU's in question? I like playing FS 2004 with maxed out settings, but i understand that i'll need a DX10 card for same results in FSX.

Thanks again all

Darren

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The word on the street it that MS will release FSX before Vista so it won't have DirectX 10 capabilities.
Then when Vista comes out you'll get a patch to bring it up to 64 bit capabilities and DirectX 10 also.

This is all wait and see.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...