Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Clean up time

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Hey guys long time no see Laughing

I need to clean up all of my FS9 folders ( I am getting so much lag along with other stuff) as I showed you before my FS9 file size is 15 GB.

So can someone lead me to an article on the best way to clean up you sim files?

Thanks in advance!
-Nick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You can delete the aircrafts you dont fly.
If i was you i wouldn't touch the scenery,gauges and others folder because you dont know which data referring to which crafts.

In my opinion the best way is to unistall everything.Then create a folder and put there anything you want to install again.
Create also a temp folder in order to extract there your add-ons and then copy-paste the extracted files from there to FS9 folders.Then clean and go for the next one.Everytime you install something new check FS.
You will never confuse if you do this.
I have done all this process before 1 week.It took me about 2 hrs but its worth the time.I have my FS as i like and i get rid of all the experimental stuff... Wink

Pro Member First Officer
mcmxl First Officer

One way to start is go to your aircraft folder and delete all your unwanted aircraft. May be it is not the most efficient way but you could backup your aircraft and addon scenery folders and the effects folder, and reinstall FS then replace the default foders with your backups. I don't know you may end up in the same place. Just some thoughts. In short get rid of all your unwanted addons. Good Luck. Smile Confused Get the point Embarassed

Pro Member Captain
violentviolet Captain

things went better when i deleted most of the files i didn't need,like the "Wright flyer" & so on. Cheers!

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

Yes thatís a good idea!- I mean who wants to fly them??????
sorry to old for me to enjoy!

Might as well get rid!!
Might do it my self!
Will it still load without the default aircraft?

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

simon123 wrote:

Yes thatís a good idea!- I mean who wants to fly them??????
sorry to old for me to enjoy!

Might as well get rid!!
Might do it my self!
Will it still load without the default aircraft?

lol ya I hear ya, and Yes it should still be able to load. I also got rid of most of my .txt files last night before the big storm came.( Aircraft notes/install notes...I hope that is it)

thanks for the help, I already dropped 2 gigs...YAY

-Jester- wrote:

thanks for the help, I already dropped 2 gigs...YAY

Its like geek-speak for losing weight!! lol!! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

when installing planes, keep the gauges and sounds IN the plane folder (gauges go in thr panel folder) - then when you delete it ALL goes Smile

Pro Member Captain
earthqu8kes Captain

my god i need to clean up my folders...i have tons of files in storage and have of them arent being used............. wish me luck if i even dare to try and tackle this unseemingly impossible task...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

when installing planes, keep the gauges and sounds IN the plane folder (gauges go in thr panel folder) - then when you delete it ALL goes Smile

Thats something new Idea ...I thought that gauges has to be in the gauges folder...Or i misunderstood what you are talking about... Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

just put the gauges in the panel folder, alongside the panel.cfg and bitmaps