SearchSearch 

squak

Pro Member First Officer
bawns First Officer

i always here the atc centre give me a squak number but i dont understand what it means can some one help me

5 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

bawns wrote:

i always here the atc centre give me a squak number but i dont understand what it means can some one help me

They're assigning you a frequency for your transponder. It is set automatically after ATC assigns it to you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

ATC will give you squawk number and ask you to confirm hight.It allows them to make sure they are watchining the right blip on the radar screen

Pro Member Trainee
Mike Chute (moscue) Trainee

After ATC assigns you your squak number, if you press 1 the system automaically changes the code on your radio and then comes back with confirmation of radar contact
If you want a variation, DON'T acknowledge the original transmission BUT change the squak code yourself on your radio stack.
ATC will then come back and acknowledge radar contact----just like real life--almost

Mike 😎

Pro Member Trainee
Brian B. (valcan222) Trainee

everything everyone else said is vary true but I just figured I would pitch it, the Transponder is a device in most aircraft which lets the tower see your aircraft on a radar screen they use this for collision avoidence and what not, when they tell you to squawk a number they can see when you do, your number (squak number) is, in real life airliners and genral aircraft alike if they squak a cerrtan code there number will Flash or become vary bright on the controllers screen incidation there is a problem so they give you priority I dont know if this is true in FS9 but it is in real life anyways lol. hope that helped

BB

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Strange coincidence....it turns out a Virgin Atlantic A340 did just that yesterday Valcan 😉

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4607657.stm

😀 😀 😀 😀