Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

getting confident now

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

hi all

i feel like a challenge today, can someone explain to me how i program the weather so i experience some crosswind?

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You need to know the runway heading first, to make a cross wind.

Open up FS9 and click on "Change" under "Selected Weather" on the 'Create A Flight Menu'.

Click the third bullet point where it says "User defined weather" and then click "Customise".

At the bottom right hand corner, change the weather direction perpendicular to your landing runway. So if the runway is runway 18L then you want the wind to be set at either 270 or 90 degrees.

I would suggest you start off with 6 knots wind speed (by adjusting the slider above).

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Or in my case just startup real weather update. It seems link I always have a cross wind. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

do what 99jolegg[size=1

did and and go to advanced weather there you can play god Twisted Evil

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

You could also just go to weather themes and click on stormy weather. But thats more extreme than just 6 knots lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

yeah or that

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

once when i had FS2002 i had a landing at ORD saved there so i could practice my landings... i once put a crosswind of 32knots and i barely made to the runway and by then i was at a 60 degree bank just to keep straight. this may not seem possible in a jet and i dont think it is but note that the a/c i was flying was a cessna 172...before the flight i waished myself goodluck.
p.s. i crash when my low wingtip hit the ground on the runway..........