Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

The Oscars of the Airline industry

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

SkyTrax have released the results of their "airline of the year awards 2006"... Arrow

1. British Airways
2. Qantas
3. Cathay Pacific
4. Thai Airways
5. Emirates

There were other awards as well... Arrow
http://www.worldairlineawards.com/index.htm

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks PW - interesting link Thumbs Up!

I'm flying with BA soon so thats nice to know Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah they've done well considering they came 5th last year Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I agree, good (top) airlines all but who is SkyTrax and why should I believe that they are independent not paid for their results.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Interesting!

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

woo go BA... its good when the british win things as it doesnt happen very often haha Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I agree, good (top) airlines all but who is SkyTrax and why should I believe that they are independent not paid for their results.

Radar

Well they are based in the UK Rolling Eyes .....but take a look at this article Arrow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skytrax Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Laughing Laughing Laughing That clears stuff up! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Well they are based in the UK Rolling Eyes .....but take a look at this article Arrow

Thanks for that...but

That still doesn't tell me if they are an independent company, not relying on money from the very airlines they endorse.

They certainly know how to keep it a secret.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

pilotwannabe wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Thanks for that...but

That still doesn't tell me if they are an independent company, not relying on money from the very airlines they endorse.

They certainly know how to keep it a secret.

Radar

For the airports:

The Airport of the Year study is the world's largest, independent Passenger survey of airport standards. Skytrax do not charge airports to be included in the survey, and the results are not based on a limited or finite choice of airports. Survey interviews covered more than 150 airports, and predominantly represent passengers international travel experiences.

And for the airlines:

These independent Awards honour outstanding Product and Service Excellence for across the air travel experience. A true mark of airline Quality Achievement, SKYTRAX AWARDS are the result of the most comprehensive analysis of product and service standards.

Of course, they could lie Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

Great topic!, interesting post...
I was thinking in British as first airline Smile , think they deserve it. Surprised

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still nothing definite, but they do have the top airlines with awards.

This link from 99jolegg

BUSINESS RESEARCH GROUP

Launched in 1991, the SKYTRAX Business Research Group (BRG) comprises corporate travellers, undertaking air travel on a frequent basis. Approximately 53 per cent of Business Research Group members work with major international corporations, 41 per cent with SME's - a balance comprising a mixture of governmental staff, self-employed consultants etc. The travel frequency for BRG members comprises a minimum of 6 intercontinental long haul return trips in a 12 month period - a return trip counting as 2 flights. The BRG members originate from over 59 countries, and 78 nationalities are represented. Female travellers make up 13.4 per cent of BRG membership - with this currently increasing at approx 0.87 per cent per annum.

Radar