Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

***Member of the Month***

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi,

I think this would be a good idea to show a sense of achievement for those who feel they have done their bit to help others with problems.

The award is quite self-explanitory and I will (being one of the judges) will decide...along with some others if you'd like to be a judge....who gets the award each month.

A member can win more than one time.

I need two more judges so I will do this on a first come, first served basis.

Good luck to you all and the competition starts NOW - which is a little late for June and will finish at the end of the month.

Regards,

Mike Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The problem is that those who would be qualified to determine who has been most helpful, are those who are the most helpful.

There is one other problem. Radarman would win every month. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

^ true fact.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

The problem is that those who would be qualified to determine who has been most helpful, are those who are the most helpful.

There is one other problem. Radarman would win every month. Wink

Nice of you to say but there are quite a few others that I would both nominate and vote for.
No I don't want to serve a a judge, thank you!

Radar

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

are you going to have the judges like pick lets say 5 top members and then do a poll? or are the judges doing all the picking?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i think the moderators should be the jugdes Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Without meaning to offence my friend Steve i dont find it as a good idea.We all helping each other ,everyone with his way and his knowledges.

I prefer other kind of competitions(in a way)like screenshots or videos or most funny post etc than this one.

Besides I'm afraid of useless fake helping posts in order to increase the good willing level... Wink

RadarMan wins???Why???Where did you show that he helps??? Poke in Eye

Wink Wink Wink Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Without meaning to offence my friend Steve i dont find it as a good idea.We all helping each other ,everyone with his way and his knowledges.

I prefer other kind of competitions(in a way)like screenshots or videos or most funny post etc than this one.

Besides I'm afraid of useless fake helping posts in order to increase the good willing level... Wink

RadarMan wins???Why???Where did you show that he helps??? Poke in Eye

Wink Wink Wink Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

I see where you're coming from, but on the contrary, I think this actually might be a good idea. People might tend to help more and more with this contest running, and more people will get helped!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I dont understand the... wnere am i coming from ...but anyway do you think that people needs a competition or a reward in order to help?

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

I dont understand the... wnere am i coming from ...but anyway do you think that people needs a competition or a reward in order to help?

that where you come from thing is an expression meaning that I understand what you mean and why.. sorry for the confusion Razz it doesn't have anything to do with where you physically come from if that's what you thought Wink

and to answer your question, no. I don't think, but it might motivate some lazy users to do more of an effort! you never know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I wasnt thinking that you meant something bad my friend Cheers!
But being a brick in English i have some difficulties to understand(sometimes) Embarassed ...I need more and more practise Read Read Read Hit with Chair Hit with Chair ... Wink Very Happy

From the point you view it,it seems nice and i like the thought of pushing (with the good meaning of the word)people to give their bests...
Although ,if i let my dissapointed side to rise up i could said that if someone never helps i dont think that a competion will turn his way...I wish im wrong on this.

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

I like the idea of a member of the month, i think that the judges should compile a shortlist and put it to a poll. I would be willing to judge

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

same

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

lenin wrote:

same

Giving some one a vote is a first for Lenin Laughing

...... can members decline to be considerd for this 'award'?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

davec wrote:

lenin wrote:

same

Giving some one a vote is a first for Lenin Laughing

...... can members decline to be considerd for this 'award'?

Radar

Guest Ed Guest

Do guests get to vote? We're totally impartial. We KNOW we're never going to win. . . Wink

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry Ed but you have to be logged-in to vote, as you see by looking at some of the screenshot polls.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Where is Steve?He has to follow his first post and handle the situation Exclamation Very Happy

Pro Member Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Where is Steve?He has to follow his first post and handle the situation Exclamation Very Happy

You might be lucky - I've been waiting 5 days for an answer to a repaint PM Whistle

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry everyone - I had other stuff to deal with...EXAMS....

The Member of the Month WILL go ahead as I have decided and Davidmac1 and lenin or 99jolegg will be judges.

Davec, I'm not sure what you are talking about mate, I am supposed to be expecting a PM from YOU NOT ONE FROM ME, because as you rightly said in the last PM you sent me, you were going to make the repaint more 'shiny' for me Exclamation

Anyway - the competition everyone will get underway in no time and I will post back all nessasary instructions on how it will be carries out i.e voting and nominations after my exams.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Davec, I'm not sure what you are talking about mate, I am supposed to be expecting a PM from YOU NOT ONE FROM ME, because as you rightly said in the last PM you sent me, you were going to make the repaint more 'shiny' for me Exclamation

Did you reply to this for DaveC via PM?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/15963/urgent-for-steve-t/

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

davec wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

You might be lucky - I've been waiting 5 days for an answer to a repaint PM Whistle

You are the same lucky guy as I am dear davec Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

....I have decided and Davidmac1 and lenin or 99jolegg will be judges....

Have you think of the difficulties such kind of judgement has?

I give an example.
Maybe Greekman post a hunderd hepling posts to simple issues such how to upload a shot or change the weather in FS or how can i make my passngers screaming to death...And from the other side we have the X member which answers to only one question about how the GPS takes infos from the satelites and show the position on map?

Which one has to be the winner?Greekman or Mr X.?
They both help but Mr X gave a more specific detaild and difficult answer...So?Are we going to count that Greekman post 100 andMr X only 1...Is it fair?
Well, i think that we will finally have a post race again and i dont like that... Exclamation

My humble opion and not offencive to anyone of course. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

I replied to that PM yes so I still don't know what's going on!!???

Pro Member Captain

Hi
I have already PM'd you on this matter
Here is a record of our correspondence -

You sent -
7.27 p 4th
7.44 p 4th
8.03 p 4th

I sent -
7.54 p 4th
8.34 p 4th
12.38 p 6th
7.11 p 6th

My 7.11 p of 6th required an answer regarding how much shine I was going to paint on the a/c.

I think it better that since you are tied up with exams and the 'Member of the Month Award' , that we forget about the repaint until you have more time. We will start afresh then and I can get with other repaints