Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

finaly getting the hang of FSP

Pro Member Trainee
Brian B. (valcan222) Trainee

Hey all well I am finaly getting good at flight sim passangers In FS9 I have all settings to as relistic as they go so its always a bit diffrent and I always use real world weather, normaly I fly a boeing 737-800 and normaly fly from sanfransico to seattle well actualy I fly from multiple places to seattle lol, but heres the thing. I have over 7 hours I know its not alot but when I get a flight registerd I get penalty points for doing somthing like exceding max flaps down speed but 1.5 knots. so every flight I wouldent get points, now with my most recent flight insted of getting a good I got a perfict so I am happy about that but how do I go about not getting thoes penaltys there so minor I mean 1.5 knots about the max flaps down speed what is that speed can anyone help lol.

THanks
BB

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

Well, to avoid the flap penalty is to set the flaps on take off at 5 degrees and when airbourne, set it back up before you reach 250 knots. As for landing, set your flaps anytime under 250kts. Hope that helps.

Pro Member Trainee

chrissie wrote:

Well, to avoid the flap penalty is to set the flaps on take off at 5 degrees and when airbourne, set it back up before you reach 250 knots. As for landing, set your flaps anytime under 250kts. Hope that helps.

I always set my flaps to 5 degrees on takeoff and only start to put them down when I am at about 230 kts I dont know whats going on I am about to start a flight now so if it happens I will post the results

Thanks
BB

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

If you are taking off with just 5 degrees of flaps then that could be your problem

You should be at 10 as a minimum.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

737s shouldn't take off with more than 5 degrees flaps.

Maximum flap extension speed is around 220-230 KIAS. Each flap setting has its own VFE which you should know to stop incurring penalties.

Pro Member Trainee

OK I got it all worked out and my last flight from phenox to seattle was perfict lol,