Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

iv'e heard about a sponcership scheme. what is that?

D151 Guest

im just wondering what is a sponcership scheme. you see i wish to train to become a pilot but cannot afford it. and it will take me over a year before i can afford it. and i herd about this sponcership scheme. what is a sponcership?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sponsorship schemes are undertaken by airlines. Applicants will go through a rigorous selection process (to get the most capable potential pilots) and then they will pay for your training (from your PPL to the ATPL). You will be signing a contract along the way stating that you will stay with the airline for a certain amount of years.

Once you have been trained by that airline, you will become a First Officer for them.

Basically, its when an airline pays for your flight training for FO standard, with the unequivocal understanding that you will stay with them and fly their aircraft for them.

Be warned, they are very hard to get into - but if you have reasonable academic qualifications and are determined, then you have nothing to lose!

😉

D151 Guest

Thanks budy. if ever i need help i should remeber to come here again. This place is cool!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

D151 wrote:

This place is cool!

Sure is 😉

D151 Guest

i have been visiting this site for a while and i like it here. the guys here are so friendly and chearful. also very helpful. THIS SITE IS BLOODY COOL!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

D151 wrote:

i have been visiting this site for a while and i like it here. the guys here are so friendly and chearful. also very helpful. THIS SITE IS BLOODY COOL!

We are here to help my friend and to serve all 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

What stevet just said is completly true 😉
Why don't you join us if you feel like it. 😀

D151 Guest

so is this like the place where aviators come to offer help and advice. AVIATION BABY!!! MAN I LIKE IT HERE! a place for aviators and aviation lovers.

D151 Guest

hms_endeavour wrote:

What stevet just said is completly true 😉
Why don't you join us if you feel like it. 😀

Join? i dont know. maybe...probably. Im realy not sure.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Don't at all feel obliged... 😉 Just if you want.

D151 Guest

ill give it a thought. but i do like you guys. your so friendly and helpful. ive always loved aviation. and the only thing i want right now is to reach for the sky once more. i yern for the sky. i wish to return to the place i like the most....the big blue open sky.