Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Van Nuys Air Festival 2006

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

These aren't really screen shots, but I couldn't figure where else to put them. They are in the gallery at our site, but feel free to look them over.
http://www.omega-air.org/community/photos/aviation__air_shows/default.aspx

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Wow. Unbelievable. Mr. Green
Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great slideshow, thank you!

I saw that Corsair with 30 kills do you know who flew it. That's ace material.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I wish I did, but that place was so crowded, I was lucky to find out anything. I did get some background on the AT-6 used by the Tuskeegee Airmen. I had seen the plane's owner on the local TV news, and got to talk to him at the air show. Probably because, everyone was looking at the fighters and bombers. When he bought the plane he didn't know its background, but while he restored it, he researched serial numbers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Shame that you couldn't find out, you had a good time anyway.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Some of the planes their had descriptions and/or folks who could provide information, and some did not. Also, some had so many people around them that I couldn't get close enough to find anything out. (I'm not a big fan of crowds.)

By the way, someone asked me why the images were so small. click on the image and you'l get a larger one, click again and you can get full screen pictures.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Some of the planes their had descriptions and/or folks who could provide information, and some did not. Also, some had so many people around them that I couldn't get close enough to find anything out. (I'm not a big fan of crowds.)

By the way, someone asked me why the images were so small. click on the image and you'l get a larger one, click again and you can get full screen pictures.

I'm familiar with the area (I used to play golf at 2 9 hole executive courses nearby) and know how crowded they can be. For it's size it's one of the busiest airports in SoCal.
I did the slideshow and that is what everyone should try, it's very enjoyable and nice of you to provide us with it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

I'm familiar with the area (I used to play golf at 2 9 hole executive courses nearby) and know how crowded they can be. For it's size it's one of the busiest airports in SoCal.
I did the slideshow and that is what everyone should try, it's very enjoyable and nice of you to provide us with it.

Radar

Nice to get the free advertising. Wink