Wireless mouse

Rich T Guest

Having had my new PC for just over a month now, I have experienced times when the mouse just goes dead in the middle of something, and I can't do anything except re-start the PC.

This is also the first time I have used a wireless mouse and keyboard. Could it have something to do with the battery going?

Rich

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes the battery could be a problem.
Also when you have the problems try to synchronize your mouse with the receiver.
Your mouse has to have a small button for this and a bigger one your receiver.
Click the receiver's one and then the mouses one and check what will happens.
You can also check you battery condition by hitting Start/Control Panel/Mouse .In the appeared window hit the tab Wireless.You will see your battery's status and also the quality of your wireless connection.Keep on mind to have the receiver to line in sight with your mouse - keyboard for better results.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

oh god, wireless mice are nothing but BAD. stick to a laser mosue with a cord!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

oh god, wireless mice are nothing but BAD. stick to a laser mosue with a cord!

Why you say so?
I use wireless mouses and keyboards for more than 2 years with no problem at all.The only thing that you must keep on mind is to have stored somewhere a spare set of batteries....
The only problem i could found is that you can easily smash them to the wall or through them of the window when you fail on landing ,cause they dont have a wire to keep them on earth...or ,to be precise,on the office ... 😉

Guest Ed Guest

I started out flying with a wireless mouse and wireless joystick, and both have been retired. The problem I had was that they both kept "going to sleep," I guess they were going in to power-saver mode, so I would have to click a button or something to "wake them up." To this day, I still find myself habitually clicking the trigger on the joystick (the brakes) throughout the flight to keep it awake, even though I replaced that wireless joystick over a year ago. Just moving the stick didn't wake it up, I had to click a button. The brakes was the only button that didn't do anything bad if I clicked it in flight.

That was really exciting if I was coming in for a difficult landing, under bad conditions, with a cross wind, and just as I crossed the threshold the joystick would quit working.

The mouse just died on its own, so I just got a wired optical mouse to replace it.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I will add my opinion about wireless mice, wireless keyboards and wireless networks. Wait, I can't. Radarman will Censored me. Wait, a picture is worth a thousand words. Horse

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I went from a common PS/2 to an optical MS Explorer Intellimouse 4.0, pure unadulterated garbage (don't buy it no matter how cheap you can get it for) to a laser Logitech G5 that so far (1 week) fantastic.
All wired, I don't need to have to worry about charging a mouse.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

my last wireless (i've been through 3) had a big sticker on saying 'battery lasts 12 weeks!' - i got 4 days out of it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

All respectable opinions ❗

Seems that im a lucky Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

my current mouse is a 'pcline laser mouse' designed for laptops. it's actually quite big, but still means i can rest my wrist and use my two fingers. it's actually very good (even for intricates in photoshop and flash) - though that is partly due to my expensive mousepad. oh yeh, the mouse costs about £6 😂

Guest Ed Guest

hinch wrote:

my last wireless (i've been through 3) had a big sticker on saying 'battery lasts 12 weeks!' - i got 4 days out of it.

You missed the fine print that said "Unless you turn on your computer." 😂

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Glad I found this topic, have been in trouble with my Logitech wireless mouse lately, mind it has served me well for over 2 years, but it's a male mouse with ball(s), and the batteries seem to be going flat very quickly these days. probably getting used more...and it has to be cleaned frequently, acts like a vacuum cleaner, picks up all the fluff! 🙂 🙂

But have been thinking along the lines of a G5, so thanks RM, methinks I'll get one of those rodents, to replace my old-timer. All I need is some tuition on adjusting the weights.... 😂 😂

I have a Microsoft Intelli-mouse optical on my spare comp, and like someone said, it's a load of horse-manure. 🙄 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

That's strange that a lot of you dont like the MS Intellimouse. I've had one for a couple of years now with no problems at all. Guess I'm just lucky.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Same here. I got one about a year ago and was very happy with it. Nice feel to it and very accurate and responsive.
The right button died as was the case with my previous (trackball) mouse - so no surprises there. Back to the shop and got an exact replacement because I'm happy with it.
Just waiting for the right-click to get unhinged again but I really don't think it's the mouses fault.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I had two of the MS Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 crap out on me.
I switched to Logitech G5, the best investment I ever made.
All were wired.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

All respectable opinions ❗

Seems that im a lucky Dont Know

I'm lucky too then 😛

In one computer I have a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse. Both have rechargeable batteries so I don't need to worry about buying new batteries. In the other computers I have wired optical mice.

I've never had any problem with the wireless keyboard and mouse.
Oh, by the way, if anyone want to know, the brand is Microsoft.

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

I've been using a Micro$oft wireless "Intellimouse Explorer 2.8" AND a Medion MD9604 wireless joystick for the past three years with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I can't understand why some of the people here have had so much trouble.
I particularly like the mouse which has four buttons and a scroll wheel which also tilts side to side for sideways scrolling. I use 1800 or 2100 milliamp-hour rechargeable AA batteries and have cycled the same three sets (one pair charged and ready) through these devices over all that time. Both the mouse and the joystick run for at least a month on a charge.
The joystick, which may no longer be available, has eight buttons, a throttle, a hat switch and the handle twists for rudder control when on the ground. It is smooth and glitch free.
Just my two pfennigs - but I enjoy being free of the cords.

Pete

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...