Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Juddering graphics!

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I don't know why, perhaps it's my computer's specification, but whenever I installed the Airbus A321 of different airlines, it judders so much that it makes the flying difficult and boring as it there are very few fps. Also when I switch views the aircraft sometimes appears grey then it takes time to load the paint on it. It's very crappy and when I checked the memory usage, it was using about 600 MB of RAM. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the usage, and improve performance of the game as it now totally sux? Any program to improve anything without changing parts?

Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a combination of older video card and a high LOD (Level Of Detail) on the aircraft.
You CPU and ram add to that problem, higher end computers don't have those problems.
All you can do is divert as much of your resources to the sim as possible.
To do this shut down some background programs, and lower many of the settings in the sim.
That's about the only way short of upgrading part or all of your machine.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Specs please.

Then we can take it from there.

Pro Member First Officer

Rite i'll try it. Ok here is my specification:

CPU: Pentium IV 3.21 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB
GFX: Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 LE 256 MB ( I even updated it to the newest one that someone on this forum posted which hadn't been yet released on the site)
H/D: 200 GB
MB: ASUS P4P800S-X

Need any other information?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your CPU is excellent, your ram is very good, more would be better especially at today's prices and the fact that Windows Vista will use 1 gig for itself.
Then you should have 2 or 3 more gigs for the sim.

Your card is getting long in the tooth, think about getting a new one to keep up with that system and possibly FSX.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?page_id=5&form_keyword=geforce+5700+fx+le&mode=g_us_b_s&skd=1&rd=1

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Yes indeed, I'm thinking of getting the 6800 or higher in January as I don't have enough to buy and am saving up. Will that work with my computer or will it create uncompatibility? And btw, could there be something wrong with my computer at the moment causing it to slow down?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

By "it slowing down" you mean Windows it can get "old" and loaded with "garbage" and need a clean install, after about two years you'll see that.

It can also be spyware use Ad-Aware to get it cleaned out (first dump your cookies) then run it.

http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

You can also use this http://www.ccleaner.com/ in the Novice mode to clean out built up junk (check and see how much it helps).

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Yes I have those programs, and removed all the spyware. Would formatting solve the problem?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Format always solves problems.The last choice of everyone in order to solve a problem but probably the most effective one.