SearchSearch 

problem

I have a problem. Whenever I use autopilot, it always screws be up when I land. Here's the problem: I takoff, turn on autopilot, cruise, descend, and turn off autopilot but that's when it automatically pitches up uncontrolably and eventually crashes. I do not want to handfly my flights, because it just gets worse. Any help will be appreciated.

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It seems to be a bug in FS. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Try making sure that you center your trim before you disengage the AP so that you shouldn't have any unexpected problems when you disengage the AP 😉

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

Have you tried having the auto pilot do an ILS landing for you. If you are flying a 737 or some other big jet your problem may be that you have autothrottle on and the throttle on your joystick is set 100%. If this is the case autothrottle has your engines set at the right speed for what you are doing, but when you turn off autopilot, autothrottle is no longer effective. Thus if your throttle is all the way on once you turn off autopilot your engines will go to full power causing the plane to pitch up. If you are not expecting this you can loose controle of the plane.

But, I use a keyboard. So is there any way to know?

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

9 is throttle up on the numpad and 3 is down on the numpad. On a big jet you can open the throttle quadrent to see exactly were it is set.

Anonymous wrote:

Know my throttle, that is, so that I won't have a problem. Also, when I go to virtual cockpit, the yoke is down, and when I rotate it up, it'll dive then crash. Plus, I like to fly jets. So I hope that helps you find my problem.

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

Check your pitch like JON 😀 said. Jets are sensative to pitch.

spuddi Guest

these seems to be a problem that happens for people who use keyboards. I've seen this problem many times on this site and it is always from users who fly with their keyboards.
after all the discussions the final fix was, buy a joystick, you can get a cheap one for £10 or $15 if you're in the US.

there is no other real fix it seems to be a problem with trim and using the keyboard.

you will find the whole sim transformed into a much better experience by using a joystick. think about it how many people would have been killed by now if pilots had to use keyboards to hand fly the aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

heres a tid bit of info Circuit city has 20$ joysticks 😉