Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Series Advice Please

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

OK I hope everyone is Ok. Here's my dilema.

I have recently found out I can rent my own apartment from the local council. But am I really ready to fly the nest. Mind you I am 26 and still living at home with mummy & daddy Rolling Eyes .

A few friends have said how lucky I am to be in this sort of position. So I'm asking what would you if you where in my shoes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Definitely go to your own small nest Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

First days difficult all the next the best of your life. Exclamation Wink

Go ahead.Personal experience speaking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

At 26, I would want my own freedom and live under my own rules but then everyone is different so its not for everyone.

It depends on the cost of your new flat / house and the income you have. It wouldn't be a great idea to move to have more freedom, if all you have to do is save money for rent and upkeep etc, which would mean you'd miss out with your mates etc.m

I suppose it depends on your circumstances, money being the biggest factor I reckon.

Sorry thats not of much use Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

I fyou have enought money to pay rent, i think it would be better for you and your parents, because, you are giving some work to mom and dad to this point, and if you have the resourses i would be confortable to have your own probles at your place and not at your parents.
It would be better for you, to know how you could live alone, how canyou do things you did not do when you where with mom and dad.
I think i´ll be relaxed and happy with this idea of going away from home and get my place. To do what ever you what...
Privacy for you and for your parents. Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

You have to ask yourself a couple questions as to whether you are ready or not
1 Can you afford it(dont forget that living on your own you have a lot more "free" time,and that can be expensive Cheers! )also do you have a car(more expence and dont forget the "free" time and your licence Rules )
2 can you afford to kit the flat out to your needs/taste Hack
3 are you close enough to home for the washing,and perhaps the odd meal,but far enough away to be independent Wink

I know what I would do Wink

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

I suppose it is also about how free you currently feel, if you have half of your parents house to yourself then moving out might not be a great idea wheras if your confined to a tiny room sharing a bunkbed with your brother for example then the other option would be more suitable Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

check the financials, if you can do it - go for it

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

As stated above, if you can handle it financially, I would definitely move. You need your independence. If you're still in college or saving money to be able to get your own place then it's fine to live with your parents. If at all possible, I would move. It's a little scary but the feeling of standing on your own two feet is great. Smile

Last edited by CRJCapt on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

As stated above, if you can handle it financially, I would definitely move. You need your independence. If you're still in collage or saving money to be able to get your own place then it's fine to live with your parents. If at all possible, I would move. It's a little scary but the feeling of standing on your own two feet is great. Smile

CRJ said it all, I would in a hot minute. Freedom is great. You don't have to answer to anyone.
Remember the feeling of independence you had when you learned how to drive and bought your first car, this is better.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

saying this in a 13 year old perspective get out as soon as possible! next i am the youngest of five and they all have said the first month is rough but after that its all smooth sailing Wink

from a 13 year old perspective Wink