Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Logging On Problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
99jolegg Chief Captain

Hi,

For some reason, recently, whenever I try to logon to my user account (from the main Windows page where it lists the names of all the people that have accounts on your computer) it just freezes and I have to turn the computer off and start again.

Its ok when I first log on as it doesn't freeze, but if I leave the computer for an hour or so, then it goes back to the main page of computer accounts so somebody else can log on. Its then, that it freezes.

I've tried all of the virus scans, including AVG Scanner, Avast! Anti-virus, Spyware Doctor and Spybot - Seach & Destroy. None of these programs have found anything that has solved the problem.

I've pressed Control + Alt and Delete and Googled all of the 44 processes that I had....most of which said that they are Windows' files, but could be trojans depending on where they are Rolling Eyes ...so that was of little use. I've defragmented my hard drive several times if that is of use.

(I'm using XP if I didn't mention that already)

I've never had the problem before and I'm running out of ideas...help Surrender

Thank You Wink

Click below to support FSF:

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If it just happens here, don't let it bother you. This site has be very slow for a few days and that can cause problems.

You can even try Firefox just for here and see how that does.

Let us know if you still have the problems.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
99jolegg Chief Captain

Sorry - I didn't make myself clear enough Hit with Chair

I was talking about this logon screen ( Embarassed ) before you go to the main Windows page on start up. When I click on my account, it just freezes Evil or Very Mad

http://www.petri.co.il/images/xp_welcome_screen.jpg

Sorry Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Did it happens only to your account or others has problems too?

Pro Member Chief Captain
99jolegg Chief Captain

It happens to all accounts. My first thought was that it'd be a virus but I couldn't find anything Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

It happens to all accounts. My first thought was that it'd be a virus but I couldn't find anything Dont Know

Did you try restore your system to an earlier day for this you face-up with the problem?

Pro Member Chief Captain
99jolegg Chief Captain

Thanks for your replies GM.

I did try a System Restore and it sorted the problem momentarily. A few days later, and the problem came back Rolling Eyes

Thank You Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Thanks for your replies GM.

I did try a System Restore and it sorted the problem momentarily. A few days later, and the problem came back Rolling Eyes

Thank You Wink

Well i dont have any special knowledges about the specific problem dear Jon...
If i was you i would take the risk to delete the other accounts and keeps only mine...Yes it sounds selfish and extreme as a solution but i cant think of something else this moment Embarassed .You can aslo try the repair option from XP's Installation CD.

Seems like a Windows problem...Something cannot load correctly and crashes...Format is the worst and last solution. Crying or Very sad

A quick research i have done for it in net dont gave me results...Needs deeper searching... Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
99jolegg Chief Captain

I did a search and couldn't find anything useful over at Microsoft. The only thing useful I found was that maybe one of the processes (WinLogon.exe) was a trojan, but the only way you can tell is where they are located Dont Know Too above and beyond my simple knowledge Laughing I'll see if I can have another look tomorrow or I'll try another System Restore.

Thanks for taking the time to help anyway GM Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No problem Jon. Wink
The point is to find a solution to your problem. Exclamation