Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

ram

meylan Guest

hi im sorry to keep posting hardware queries here but its the only place i get desent info and it is to get fs9 running smoothly.
anyway ive scanned my system with crucial scanner and it tells me i have 256 of pc 3200(ddr400) ram ok
i went on the asrock site and it said my mother board (k7s41gx) should be running ddr333 which i think is 2700 .
so i spoke to a memory agent at crucial online and was told thats fine and if i wanted to upgrade i should upgrade with pc3200(ddr400)to match my current ram. is this right ?

ALSO im confussed about high density theres alot of high density on ebay . i cant find anything at asrock or crucial to see if my motherboard will except it or if the ram ive already got is high density. any idea anyone ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

With RAM, I think you have to have the same speed for all RAM. From what I gather, if your motherboard can support it, like it obviously can, then you can have all PC3200 speed RAM or all PC2700 RAM. Mix the two and all modules will run at the slower speed.
So yes, if you have PC3200 RAM, then buy more PC3200 RAM.

Not sure about the high density question, sorry.

Someone will be along soon with an answer though 😉

👍

meylan Guest

thanks 99jolegg thats the first one cleared up cheers 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Someone will be along soon with an answer though

No need to 👍

No need to 👍[/quote]
sorry greekman ive got a couple of beers in me and im not sure what you mean Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

No need to 👍

sorry greekman ive got a couple of beers in me and im not sure what you mean Embarassed

Maybe i wasnt clear enough.I meant that Jon's answer has covered simple and clear the issue. 😉
Get a coffee 😉 😂

meylan Guest

yeh still not sure about the high density issue though . couldnt get a straight answer out of the online agent at crucial he kept saying buy our low density stuff.